GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Yup, thank you BahamaTodd.

Mexico domestic market Silverado:
Every time I see a pic of that reg cab short bed my blood boils a little. I want that truck...Mexico gets it, Saudi Arabia gets it....we get $hit! :mad:
My '17 Silverado is probably the last new Chevy truck I will ever buy, which of course GM doesn't give a crap about selling a $30k pickup truck
as they are making much more on the 4 door trucks.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I guarantee no Cheyenne is going to be upset over a pickup truck being named "Cheyenne". They're more upset by being referred to as an "Indian". They're not from India ya know, just because some moron named Columbus thought that they were.

But then, the Woke brigade love to be offended FOR the alleged victims, even if they themselves aren't offended at all.
Jeep's use of the Cherokee name is currently under fire

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 1972 Chevy Nova
3,614 Posts
Every time I see a pic of that reg cab short bed my blood boils a little. I want that truck...Mexico gets it, Saudi Arabia gets it....we get $hit! :mad:
My '17 Silverado is probably the last new Chevy truck I will ever buy, which of course GM doesn't give a crap about selling a $30k pickup truck
as they are making much more on the 4 door trucks.
I'm with you 61BelAir. The U.S. federal government, via CAFE standards administered by NHTSA (part of the Department of Transportation), is at least partly to blame for the paucity of RCSB full size pickup truck offering in the U.S. market.

Specifically, CAFE fuel economy targets for passenger cars and light trucks are currently based on the "footprint" of the vehicle:

Most if not all RCSB trucks have a footprint under 65 square feet. As shown in the graph below, fuel economy targets for vehicles increase significantly as footprint decreases at that point:

Mexico, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and other regions where T1XX Silverado and Sierra RCSB are sold don't have such regulations.

·
Premium Member
35,759 Posts
Cause old names are better in his mind.
Using the term loosely.

Let's ask to the woke brigade, if they have better names in mind just for the sake of seeing them scratching their heads. Besides Cheyenne, Scottsdale was another nameplate used for a trim level of the C/K trucks.
How about NYC, Brooklyn, Bronx, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Caligula, Nero...oh wait, that's taken, just misspelled. How about ETC? FYI? FWIW? OMG?

Because you know exactly what the truck is all about. C10 2wd, K10 4x4.

When you here people talk about their trucks today you say I have a silverado. Then you need more explanation.
Life is tough.

Jeep's use of the Cherokee name is currently under fire
American military helicopters are almost all Indian or NA names if you prefer. Those names are always used with respect for the warrior qualities of those tribes. Ditto sports teams. Vikings. Buccaneers. Indians. Tigers. Naming something after a tribe name is a compliment, not an insult. It's only the terminally-PC who want to pick a fight with anyone any time anywhere and get all self-righteous, who have "issues" with those names. Virtue signaling only begins to describe their pathology. And they're a tiny minority of brain-dead nothingness who are drawn to the spotlight as moths to the flame..

Otherwise football teams would be named the Seattle Sissies, the Portland Porkers, the Detroit Dipsticks, the Florida Fruit Flies, Boston Bloodsuckers, Miami Mussels...but they aren't. For a reason. Start with "laughingstock." Team names or rugged truck model names are given those names to invoke an image. Why not the Chevrolet Fat Ass Four-Eyed Body Odor Office Nerd then? Or FAFEBOON, hey that's pretty catchy!

When I was in seventh grade, I think, our history teacher differentiated between Native Americans aka Indians and India Indians thusly: India Indians, woo woo Indians. Simple, easy to understand. Nobody was being put down. Nobody giggled, nobody got outraged, nobody's hair caught on fire. There were lots of cowboy and Indian shows on at that time. She'd be hanged in the courthouse square now, after being fired, burned at the stake, tarred and feathered, and called naughty names by the self-righteous professionally offended crowd. Since when did a small minority of hysterical delusional insane people get to dictate our language to us?

Again: Cherokee, Viking, Warrior, Lions, Tigers, Seahawks, Trailblazers. All chosen for a reason.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,338 Posts
Because you know exactly what the truck is all about. C10 2wd, K10 4x4.

When you here people talk about their trucks today you say I have a silverado. Then you need more explanation.
:unsure: Say what. Most people know a Silverado is a Chevy truck. As in with anything else then if they want more info you spill the rest, BFD. It would be that way with a Ford F250 as well etc., etc. You carry on too much about squat.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
How hard would it be to import an RCSB out of Mexico?
Anything older than 25 years, or, anything that is 80% the same as anything else already sold here, or anything that is brought here exclusively to be shown as an exhibit, never to be driven, for a predetermined amount of time are the only 3 legal ways to import a vehicle into the US.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Anything older than 25 years, or, anything that is 80% the same as anything else already sold here, or anything that is brought here exclusively to be shown as an exhibit, never to be driven, for a predetermined amount of time are the only 3 legal ways to import a vehicle into the US.
So this could qualify IMO because it hits all the marks other than the thing being a short bed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
:unsure: Say what. Most people know a Silverado is a Chevy truck. As in with anything else then if they want more info you spill the rest, BFD. It would be that way with a Ford F250 as well etc., etc. You carry on too much about squat.
When you say silverado do you if it's a 2wd or 4wd?

You don't pay attention do you

·
Registered
4,527 Posts

But wouldn't it be easier to say 4wd or 2wd than c10 or k10? At least I know when you say 2wd you mean 2wd and when you say 4wd...you mean 4wd. You're adding an additional layer of BS nomenclature that means nothing to anyone in 2021 because it used to mean something 25 years ago. How does that make any sense?

·
Registered
12,338 Posts

But wouldn't it be easier to say 4wd or 2wd than c10 or k10? At least I know when you say 2wd you mean 2wd and when you say 4wd...you mean 4wd. You're adding an additional layer of BS nomenclature that means nothing to anyone in 2021 because it used to mean something 25 years ago. How does that make any sense?
That's exactly my point Just say I have a Silverado 4X4 and we're all good. Scottieeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... is trying to make mountains out of a mole hill here the way I see it. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
That's exactly my point Just say I have a Silverado 4X4 and we're all good. Scottieeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... is trying to make mountains out of a mole hill here the way I see it. :)
You don't get it do you, C10 mean 2wd, K10 means 4x4!

I never said anything more than silverado. If you just say silverado you have no idea what you are referring to.

Like I said you don't pay attention

21 - 40 of 55 Posts