GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 1972 Chevy Nova
3,557 Posts
The Cheyenne is currently sold in Mexico as the upper trim of the US Silverado, while Silverado is only used for the work truck trim in that market.
Yup, thank you BahamaTodd.

Mexico domestic market Silverado:

Mexico domestic market Cheyenne:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Would look great on a midsize trucklet built off the Acadia...jussayin

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
The Acadia (Traverse) would be considered full size. Come down a level and use the Terrain (Equinox).
Acadia is smaller by a good bit...you're thinking gen 1 Acadia relationship with the Traverse...gen 2 Acadia was scaled down in all dims.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
I wonder if GM could be entering the small pickup market. I imagine they would want to have a vehicle to go toe-to-toe with the upcoming Ford Maverick and Hyundai Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Introducing Native American names for vehicles/trims at this point is just stupid.

It is picking a fight with the Woke brigade that is not worth fighting.
I agree with you, but I’m sure that the potential Indian issues will be evaluated.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,109 Posts
Introducing Native American names for vehicles/trims at this point is just stupid.

They can blow it out their woke little behinds AFAIAC. So what are they going to do rename a city as well? It would be nice to see GM compete with the Maverick though.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,109 Posts
The Cheyenne is currently sold in Mexico as the upper trim of the US Silverado, while Silverado is only used for the work truck trim in that market.

Wonder if this is a new trim, or an all new truck? Perhaps this ties in somehow with their EV plans?
Don't they redo these on occasion just to keep certain names their own so nobody else "steals" it away from them?

·
Registered
5,944 Posts

I guarantee no Cheyenne is going to be upset over a pickup truck being named "Cheyenne". They're more upset by being referred to as an "Indian". They're not from India ya know, just because some moron named Columbus thought that they were.

But then, the Woke brigade love to be offended FOR the alleged victims, even if they themselves aren't offended at all.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 1972 Chevy Nova
3,557 Posts
I guarantee no Cheyenne is going to be upset over a pickup truck being named "Cheyenne".
I agree.
GM's previous use of "Cheyenne" as a trim level of C/K pickup truck came from the name of the city in Wyoming. Similarly, the "Scottsdale" trim came from the name of the city in Arizona.

If the Cheyenne tribes or the descendants of Winfield Scott (the U.S. Army Chaplain, not the Commanding General of the U.S. Army) were actually upset about GM's use of those names, they would have pursued legal action long ago.

Reactions: 1958carnut
1 - 20 of 51 Posts