GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stumbled across this today, interesting…………

LINK

Linda Sandler

Bloomberg

November 26, 2014 - 2:41 pm ET

NEW YORK -- A U.S. judge told General Motors to give customers any portions of former CEO Rick Wagoner’s 2009 performance evaluation that relate to recalls and ignition-switch issues.

Wagoner may have watched a presentation showing stalling by the Chevrolet Cobalt about three weeks before he was fired by the Obama administration in March 2009................

(more at link)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Stumbled across this today, interesting…………

LINK

Linda Sandler

Bloomberg

November 26, 2014 - 2:41 pm ET

NEW YORK -- A U.S. judge told General Motors to give customers any portions of former CEO Rick Wagoner’s 2009 performance evaluation that relate to recalls and ignition-switch issues.

Wagoner may have watched a presentation showing stalling by the Chevrolet Cobalt about three weeks before he was fired by the Obama administration in March 2009................

(more at link)
Not that big a deal for GM, other than the fact that it keeps this sorry tale in the news. Wagoner is gone, after earning - or being paid - over $100 million in about a decade. Oh I forgot about his severance which was about $8 million IIRC. If anything is dug up on Mary Barra (or any other notable current executive I guess) that doesn't jibe with previous official statements, then you have a minicrisis which she would have some difficulty surviving. Other than that this is just background noise I think.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
CEOs set the atmosphere.

Approvals and the pressure come from much lower.

I agree, unless there is evidence that Wagoner himself either directly or indirectly ordered those ignition switches installed, this is much ado about nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.