GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I'm sure GM could sell more Corvettes in Canada if they weren't gouging us on them.

Plus, the Z06 really needs the active suspension.

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Sounds like a prudent move, much rather see some cut backs and keep the selling prices high. GM can't let the Corvette become a "cheap" car.

Shame to see more job cuts but with a cut back in production there aren't too many options I guess.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
Sounds like a prudent move, much rather see some cut backs and keep the selling prices high. GM can't let the Corvette become a "cheap" car.

Shame to see more job cuts but with a cut back in production there aren't too many options I guess.
If they'd drop the price in Canada to be commensurate with the actual dollar's value, then they'd sell a few thousand more here. Right now we're paying a 30 - 50% premium!

For example:

C6 hardtop = $70k CDN vs. $47k US.
Z06 hardtop = $92k CDN vs. $72k US.

For those without calculators, that works out to a 49% premium on the base Corvette and a 28% premium on the Z06.

Drop the price here to a reasonable 10% premium on the Corvette, to take into account the 93 cent dollar, and GM will sell a number of Corvettes. But no, better to gouge us here in Canada.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had read in the paper about six months ago that the solctice and sky where coming to the BG plant. But I have also heard that those cars are done after their current generation.

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
I am sure that people do not realize how economical a Vette is.
The price is not that bad either. If you don't need to haul a lot of people, its a great ride. Heck, 30 MPG and a ton of smiles. It still turns heads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts