GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,097 Posts
My co-worker's (who, coincidentally, also owns a Bolt) LG clothes washer apparently fell apart with a loud bang a few months ago, flooding the entire laundry room. Their appliance repair guy apparently refused to even come out as they've seen that happen many times and it's not worth repairing.
Just think how popular they'll be at the recycle yard!

Will American Home Shield cover the issue with your Samsung fridge?

God I hate those AHS ads. While the insurance companies have pretty well nailed down excellence in clever advertising, that one is just embarrassing.

Get a Bridgewell fire blanket for your Bolt EV if you are worried a thermal runaway battery problem, it will save your house getting burned down if it does ever catch fire, money well spent. You can reuse them again, for up to 30 fires on your Bolt EV, so you could reuse it again on your Korean made Samsung fridge as well.

Chibby could throw one of those in on Bolt deals just like a rebate! Make it a cutesy ad (sorry, GM, you don't know how to do advertising so this is hopeless) having a loving couple tuck in their beloved Bolt every night with their lovingly-purchased blankey for Junior. Saaaa weeeet! 🤓

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
608 Posts
What percentage of total Bolt production does this recall now represent? I read an article that claimed 'all Bolts ever produced' were recalled, but that doesn't sound correct.

·
Registered
20,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
What percentage of total Bolt production does this recall now represent? I read an article that claimed 'all Bolts ever produced' were recalled, but that doesn't sound correct.
It is, 100% of all Bolt made, including the refreshed 2022 Bolt and 2022 EUV Bolt.

Reactions: gkr778 and Rumpole

·
Premium Member
36,097 Posts
IT is, 100% of all Bolt made, including the refreshed 2022 Bolt and 2022 EUV Bolt.
In that case, how could GM go wrong with the fire blanket giveaway? Beats burning the mansion down!

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,884 Posts
Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Car and Driver posted an excellent article by John Voelcker that provides "a full explanation of the problem causing every single Bolt EV to be under recall for a potential fire-causing defect":

Chevy Bolt Battery Recall: How Could This Have Happened?
I wouldn't say this is a "full explanation" or even close to that. In fact, it doesn't even have any new information that wasn't already known. What it is, is a good summary of everything that's publicly known so far in one place.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,047 Posts
^^^ All of this makes me wonder if and how much sleep Ms. Overzealous mother mary is losing over the whole debacle. Considering it/this is their future so they say.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
^^^ All of this makes me wonder if and how much sleep Ms. Overzealous mother mary is losing over the whole debacle. Considering it/this is their future so they say.
I wouldn't put this on MB just yet, they still have time to do right by the Bolt owners and get ahead of this before the meat of the EV lineup arrives. Luckily there aren't that many Bolts out there, that's one thing that is working for them, the bad news is....the price of this ****up to GM.

If this happens w/ the Lyriq, then they're boned.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,047 Posts
I wouldn't put this on MB just yet, they still have time to do right by the Bolt owners and get ahead of this before the meat of the EV lineup arrives. Luckily there aren't that many Bolts out there, that's one thing that is working for them, the bad news is....the price of this ****up to GM.

If this happens w/ the Lyriq, then they're boned.
But we're still unsure :unsure: 🧐of the timeline they have or agenda as far as all that stuff that was cloaked in the famous teaser photo. And what is this snafu going to do to that if it takes more than a Herculean effort to figure out their problems... and it's effect on their portfolio. Meaning :confused: more ICE for even longer I guess :whistle:🥶😥 I agree with you on the Lyriq front though because that one is close enough to pose a real 💩 storm of trouble.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts