GM Inside News Forum banner

GM to Offer iPod Integration

5K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  Butz 
#1 ·
#18 ·
I wonder if that'd work with my 08 Enclave -- it doesn't have Nav. It seems to have the black-tie radio. It would definitely be worth having!

#41 ·
In an ideal world, I don't see the point of HD-based systems anymore including the iPod. With ubiquitous 3G capability, you can just stream music everywhere. With the iPhone, I just go to Pandora and have it stream a customized playlist to me while I'm driving, or I'd probably be listening to specific podcasts if I'm driving further. Syncing to the device is so old school. It is about on demand, anywhere, anytime.

The future car UI to me is one that seamlessly allow the driver to interact with the network cloud to have services delivered anywhere, anytime. And it should never be limited to a simple navigation of simple playlists which is what iPod integrations provide for.

Apart from the fact that wireless broadband anywhere access is limited, we have to deal with the car manufacturer's extended development cycles and closed environments, and the internet services providers' desire to reach out to the lowest common denominator for volume, and also their tendencies to release products and services prematurely. Perhaps these are the kind of areas that GM can try to be on the blazing trail especially in the US. What Apple has shown with the iPhone is that they are able to go beyond players that only are limited to a subset of the whole chain be it carriers, handset makers, and software platform providers.

#43 ·
OK, I admit I am new to these forums, but I've done my best to try and find all the information I can about PAL and the Mailibu 2009! I still need to know does the 2009 Malibu come with or can the dealer install an update of PAL for full control of my Touch? I hope to purchase a new LTZ before the current rebates expire, but will wait if PAL is still not available... has anyone actually purchased a Malibu 2009/2008 with the PAL already installed? Does it have a USB port on the front like the Cobalt radio does? Is there any problems of compatibility with different radios? U8, U9 et al??? Any and all help, advice, etc. is GREATLY appreciated!

#46 ·
I have a 2009 Saab 97x with DVD nav radio.

2 Questions:

1. I picked up an after market sollution for ipod integration form Isimple. PXAMG box with the class 2 harness (Ends in GM5) When installing the XM would drop out and it seemed not to "regognize" the box. I followed the sequence of events, and tried it a few times with no result. The installer (as well as Isipmple tech) seemed to think that there were cahanged in the '08 version of the radio to the '09. Has anybody been where I am now? Does anybody know if there were any changes made to the head unit? Does anybody have a fix? (while reading about PAL in the FAQ section, they describe my problem. They suggegt a different sequence that has to do with the start of the car, the shutdown of the car, releasing the RAP, and then a recycle of events)

2. Is PAL available for 2009 Saab 97x with the DVD Nav head?

This process has been brutal. I am jonesing for my music. Ive been trying for 2152 miles to get this worked out! Arghhhhh.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.