1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM to launch new Traverse crossover at Tenn. plant
Associated Press
October 3, 2008

SPRING HILL, Tenn. - General Motors Corp. is launching its new Chevrolet Traverse from its Spring Hill, Tenn., assembly plant.

The automaker hopes the new eight-passenger crossover will attract buyers who have shied away from SUVs.

The Traverse also marks a new beginning for the plant that built GM's Saturn brand until March 2007. The majority of the facility's workers were furloughed while the plant was updated and retooled for the new model this year.

SOURCE

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I think the Outlook looks soo much better for not much more money. The Enclave and GMC look awesome in very different ways which is good. I think Chevy could of done without the VW tail lights on this.

·
Registered
697 Posts
They were probably building "saleable trials" for quite some time. They then announce a SOP date, and can say they ramped up to full production in a much shorter period of time. It is an old Toyota trick, you know, make the numbers ay what you want.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I thought the Traverse was already in production and shipping to dealers? This article seems to imply that it hasn't gone into production yet.
It is.. on my way to school there is a white one outside of a dealer.. Looks even better in person!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
its looks to big for me.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Too bad Moraine didn't get the Lamdas. We could have built all 4 makes at our facility instead of the 2 plants they're currently using.
I think the fact that Springhill is much newer than Moraine played a major part into why production was shifted there rather than the ladder. I still have strong reservations about how the Traverse will perform in overall sells compared to it's Lambda brotherin. It's clearly at the bottom rung when styling is factored in IMO and I can foresee a number of these being off-loaded to fleets after it's all said and done:cool:

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I have yet to see any Traverses'. I would rather not as I do not like it at all.
I do not like that its basically a very bland version of the Buick Enclave. The Traverse looks as if its a Toyota wannabe. Its very ugly & IMO, Chevy didn't need this thing in the 1st place!:mad:

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Have any of you seen the "special advertising section" in the current Motor Trend? It shows a motion shot of the Traverse from the rear with the parking lights on in the daytime. Only problem is THE REVERSE LIGHTS ARE ON!! :eek::hyper::clap::clap:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Ho hum, yet another rebadge....next please.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
its looks to big for me.
Of course it's big. :rolleyes: That's the whole point of it. The Chevy Traverse or I should say the Lambda crossovers were brought to the market so GM could attract buyers that are looking for a vehicle that has all the capabilities of a Fullsize SUV but handles, uses less gas, and performs as good or better. I think it looks better than the GMC Acadia in some ways but overall, all of the Lambda crossovers look great in my opinion but many of us as well as I believe that GM should AXE either the Saturn Outlook or the Acadia due to the fact that there are soo many Lambda offerings and I'm pretty sure the new Chevy Traverse with proper advertising and pricing, can probably be the best selling lambda crossover for GM. :yup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts