GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GM to Launch CarBravo, Its Own Used Car Sales Website
The auto giant will unify its dealers' used-car sales on a website intended to fight CarMax, Carvana, and other online platforms at a time when used-car prices are skyrocketing.

By Laura Sky Brown
Car and Driver

Jan 11, 2022
Font Electric blue Logo Circle Brand

- GM announced today that it will start a used-vehicle selling website that it's calling CarBravo, which will leverage its dealer network and the approximately half-million used vehicles they have in stock.

- Customers will be able to shop online or at a GM dealership, and either way they can shop for vehicles in stock at dealers across the United States.

- GM will use Black Book to arrive at dollar figures and will give "guaranteed online offers" to buy customers' vehicles even if they don't buy another one using the website.

It was probably inevitable: General Motors is responding to the huge uptick in used-vehicle prices and the growing popularity of websites that buy and sell used cars, and it's starting its own site. GM's CarBravo website is set to begin doing business this spring, and dealers are being enrolled now, the automaker announced today.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hmmm maybe dealers won’t lowball trades now when the market on new vehicles settles down with this method.

·
Premium Member
35,382 Posts
This is a great move by GM and should protect profitability for their deale network. They should probably offer it as a service to other aUtomakers and get a cut

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
About time too.

Vauxhall, then part of GM Europe, introduced this back in the 1990s - called Network Q we could sit down with a salesman and search online through all dealers' stock as well as stock held centrally which were Vauxhall management, fleet and rental cars - I bought two Cavalier mk3 (Vectra-A) that way.

I've also bought a Hyundai I30 and Skoda Octavia from their respective "Approved Used" schemes as every brand does this in the UK.

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
Hmmm maybe dealers won’t lowball trades now when the market on new vehicles settles down with this method.
That's how the dealer makes so much of their money! Used car sales are a lot more profitable than new.

This is a great move by GM and should protect profitability for their dealer network. They should probably offer it as a service to other automakers and get a cut
Can't supply their dealers with new cars, might as well try get in the middle and get a cut of their used car sales......

"Give me my cut" 🤡

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,805 Posts
That's how the dealer makes so much of their money! Used car sales are a lot more profitable than new.

Can't supply their dealers with new cars, might as well try get in the middle and get a cut of their used car sales......

"Give me my cut" 🤡
I was noticing this Monday when I was in to get the Equinox it's 10,000 mile service done. Only three or four new vehicles on the lot. Chevy trucks and a Cadillac CT4. They have (I think) two sales people now, down from what I don't know, but they have quite a bit of used stuff and a good portion of that nearly new. So that's where these guys have to be making their living.

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
I was noticing this Monday when I was in to get the Equinox it's 10,000 mile service done. Only three or four new vehicles on the lot. Chevy trucks and a Cadillac CT4. They have (I think) two sales people now, down from what I don't know, but they have quite a bit of used stuff and a good portion of that nearly new. So that's where these guys have to be making their living.
Dealership business model is taking used cars in on trade and selling a "newer" used car!.................

Ironically, a story from yesturday!

Used-vehicle sales hit all-time U.S. record in 2021

Cox Automotive estimated that used-car sales finished 2021 at 40.9 million vehicles -- up about 10% over 2020.

The number of used vehicles sold in the U.S. in 2021 hit an all-time record, according to Cox Automotive, bolstered by a robust spring selling season that analysts say may not be easily repeated.

Cox Automotive estimated that overall used-vehicle sales for 2021 were 40.9 million, an increase of about 10 percent compared with 2020. Of those, an estimated 22.2 million were retail sales — vehicles sold to consumers by dealerships and other retailers such as Carvana. That also was an all-time record, Cox said, and reflected an increase of nearly 13 percent year over year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts