GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
yup... I was asking about this in the forums back in January since I'm having this problem with my Comp G. I was told it only effects cars equiped with the 6 disc Monsoon system. I asked my dealer again last week when I could expect a fix, and they didn't even remember me complaining about it before and claimed to know nothing of the issue. Here's the letter I got from GM:

1-22-04

Thank you for contacting the Pontiac Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to your 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix programming concerns.

Pontiac Motor Division has announced a concern with 2004 Pontiac Grad Prix models equipped with a 6 disc CD changer. Owners of vehicles equipped with this option will experience a concern when programming day, and date information into the Drivers' Information Center. Wrong day information will be displayed with correct date information. This is a radio software issue that conflicts with preprogrammed calendar leap year information. To correct this condition, customers will have to have their radio exchanged by their dealership. Delco is working with suppliers to obtain a validated replacement supply of radios. Customers are not being referred to dealers for replacement until Delco has replaced all existing radios in stock for exchange. Owners will be notified at that time. This will be done in the near future. We apologize about any inconvenience this may cause.

Your file number is 1-181129917. If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our Pontiac Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-762-2737. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Again, thank you for contacting Pontiac.

Sincerely,

Shawn Brown
Customer Relationship Manager
Pontiac Customer Assistance Center

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.