GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Wow. That sounds incredible. Nice, high-winding motor and crisp shifts. It'll all be history in a few years when it all goes electric.

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
Does this car even need to be teased? The demand is going to be so high there will always be a wait list and people will love it because the C8 is amazing.
Probably doesn't need to be teased, but it does cater to the audience and builds excitement vs. doing nothing. Or, might get someone to NOT buy a $70k C8 and wait for this $100k version, more $$ for GM!

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Sounds amazing...would also make a nice motor for a Z/28...Jussayin

Us sub 100k spending pheasants would like a screamer too!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
I wish GM would hurry up and tease the 2022 trucks!

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Sounds great in the upper RPM range just like the Mustang with a FPC and not nearly as good in the real world.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Sounds amazing...would also make a nice motor for a Z/28...Jussayin

Us sub 100k spending pheasants would like a screamer too!
i think the Z/28 is going to get taken off the shelve eventually. That motor is going to be badass. A special track version of the CT5 would be nice as well.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Looking forward to it, sounds great. Glad it is coming with a dual cluth - my biggest complaint with the GT350 was manual only (sounded fantastic as well). Nobody wants that in major Metro traffic.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Looking forward to it, sounds great. Glad it is coming with a dual cluth - my biggest complaint with the GT350 was manual only (sounded fantastic as well). Nobody wants that in major Metro traffic.
Agreed...it needed the DC trams from the GT500....probably would've sold more and still be around today.

That happens with every manual only sportscar ever offered....they sound great and pure, but at the end of the day no one hardly buys them leaving them to be discontinued...imagine if the Viper offered an automatic.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: CJH
1 - 17 of 17 Posts