GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
AHHHH!!!!
C'mon GM! You can do it!!!

Hey Lutz, I bet if you announced the Cruze ready for US production/delivery in 2009, GM stock would jump even more.
Just a suggestion. ;)

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Can't go much lower than it did. I'm surprised Kerkorkian or someone like that hasn't tried a hostile takeover since the stock was so low!

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Wow! back in the 11's who'd of thunk it?
:clap::bounce::clap:

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Can't go much lower than it did. I'm surprised Kerkorkian or someone like that hasn't tried a hostile takeover since the stock was so low!
Just because you haven't heard about it, doesn't mean something isn't in the works. Even at $11, GM is still at a very high risk for a takeover.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
:hooray: I knew I shoulda bought some yesterday! :eek:

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
I called my "overly negative" broker today and asked him...

Why?

His answer was pure genous and very simple... He asked me...
If a company splits a stock 2 for one and makes no other news... what do you think the stock price will do?

I answer, It will be cut in half...

Very good he says... glad you were paying attention when you got you MBA...

Next question... Lets say you have a company with a Market Cap of 5.5 Billion and they anounce that they just found 800 Million in cash... Now what is the market cap worth?

About 6.3 Bill, I answer.

Very good he says... Last question... where is GM trading...?
around $11.30 a share with a new market cap of 6.4 Billion....
A-ha... the light goes on...

His POV almost all of the rally to 11.30/11.40 can be directly attributed to the cash generated from the elimination of the dividend.

He still wants me to sell...
I hate to say it but I'm going to dump half.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I called my "overly negative" broker today and asked him...

Why?

His answer was pure genous and very simple... He asked me...
If a company splits a stock 2 for one and makes no other news... what do you think the stock price will do?

I answer, It will be cut in half...

Very good he says... glad you were paying attention when you got you MBA...

Next question... Lets say you have a company with a Market Cap of 5.5 Billion and they anounce that they just found 800 Million in cash... Now what is the market cap worth?

About 6.3 Bill, I answer.

Very good he says... Last question... where is GM trading...?
around $11.30 a share with a new market cap of 6.4 Billion....
A-ha... the light goes on...

His POV almost all of the rally to 11.30/11.40 can be directly attributed to the cash generated from the elimination of the dividend.

That makes no sense. They didn't "find" $800mil in cash, they just aren't paying it out. If I don't buy groceries this weekend, that doesn't mean I just found (i.e. increased my worth) $100. It has nothing to do with the share price or the number of outstanding shares (i.e. the market cap).

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
temporary. the Red Ink will soon be flowing again along with further debt downgrade. also, July's results will be a disaster. sticking with forecast of $5 by mid-August. remember the banks always support Wags when he cuts deep. it won't last.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
That makes no sense to me, unless you bought at like 12 or something. You might as well just ride it out instead of throwing your money away. At this point the only reason to sell is if you think GM is going to die.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
That makes no sense to me, unless you bought at like 12 or something. You might as well just ride it out instead of throwing your money away. At this point the only reason to sell is if you think GM is going to die.
Guess you haven't read his posts. It will make no sense to anyone but him really... 2010 will be a time to sell, definitely not now.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
temporary. the Red Ink will soon be flowing again along with further debt downgrade. also, July's results will be a disaster. sticking with forecast of $5 by mid-August. remember the banks always support Wags when he cuts deep. it won't last.
I have faith that this most recent round of firing people who are not responsible for this mess will be the glue that sticks. You know the saying: eighteenth [sic] time's the charm!

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Just because you haven't heard about it, doesn't mean something isn't in the works. Even at $11, GM is still at a very high risk for a takeover.
Perhaps, wescoent, and you might be saying that because this company might be worth more in pieces than as a whole. But can you imagine the absolute nightmare you'd inherit for your $6.5 billion? It'd be frightening. The Union, I'm fairly certain, wouldn't play nice (and I don't think it should, in the event that GM were taken over). And convincing someone to buy the pieces for a sum to make a profit might be a bit of a challenge: 49% of GMAC for sale in this market? how much would Saab or Hummer really fetch on the open market? I don't know if any Icahn's would be willing to bite. Good luck if they do.

And I cannot imagine another auto company like Toyota or Honda buying in. First, that doesn't seem to be the strategy they've used to be so successful, and it's easier to bleed GM slowly than knock it out all at once. Ghosn's Nissan-Renault? A Chinese, Indian or Russian company? Still, a lot of headaches, even if it's had a such a low price.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
last report over 100,000 shares shorted. combine this with the $325,000 premium on top of the normal $500,000 to insure 5 year $10 Million bond against default and you can see that the market anticipates further failure in the stock price and company performance. Red Ink Rick is not the answer. imagine being a salary retiree. since RIR took over as CEO you lost over 90% of the value in your GM stock, no longer have health care promised, and now receive no dividend. ain't he great?

how long will people continue to stand for this fool to run GM deeper into the ground? how anyone could possibly continue to support him is incredible. unless of course, this is all intentional. however most knowledgable folks I know say he's just really that incompetent.

suppose all that will happen though is more bad news followed by more cuts. when is enough enough?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding

Correct.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
1 - 20 of 79 Posts