·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Re: GM Stock - $12.91 and still falling

GM stock slide today to the below:

12.91-0.88 / -6.38% Jun 23

Holy crap!!

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=GM

It just keeps on sliding! Where will it stop!!!
when the Board stops the dividend it drops to $5.00 and that is too much for a company with -$41 Billion shareholder value. Red Ink Rick has done a job selling us off, burying us in debt, and mismanaging the firm.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts

If the Volt and E-Flex turn out to be all they are being touted and more, I wonder if this trend will reverse? I suspect that E-Flex could be a real game changer.
hopes and dreams. the past indicates clearly that this management cannot be trusted or relied upon. quit dreaming and join the call to remove Red Ink Rick while there still is a GM.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts

Starting to sound like a good buying opportunity.

I think Waggoner was just unfortunate enough to be head of GM while oil prices skyrocketed.

·
Registered
331 Posts

Starting to sound like a good buying opportunity.

I agree, but not just yet. I think that the price might drop a bit more, but I don't suspect that it will fall below $10. Unfortunately it has taken a big hit recently due to many factors, but it will rebound in time. I don't believe that Lutz or Wagoner need to be replaced, but there must be other managers that aren't doing their job.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

I think GM stock is a buy soon but I would wait a little longer. Global sales are still strong in spite of what is happening in the U.S. but if sales in emerging markets starts to slow also, GM is in bigger trouble and that's what the market is pricing in now.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts

Let's wait and see how GM rides out not being able to rely on SUV and Truck profits before we make any wild financial decisions either way.

Remember when you lose in the stock market, someone else wins... I'd hate to line the pockets of guys shorting GM stock.

It wasn't long ago when people were saying "Buy Ford, it can only go up from 7 dollars"...

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Ford market cap: 12.06 billion

GM market cap: 7.62 billion

Ford's been way more valuable than GM for a long time now.

·
Registered
956 Posts

LOL - fixed. :) I thought that was shockingly low, even for Ford stock.
yeah I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that because yesterday it was mid 5's...Course I DID fall out of my chair at GM in the 12's, was in the 20's just a month or two ago. There are calls for pulling GM off the Dow Industrial Average and (get this) replacing it with Toyota or Honda!!!! Not kidding:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/24/markets/thebuzz/index.htm?postversion=2008062411

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,303 Posts
The comments are good, though.
Basically they're saying the guy's a moron who's trying to make the Dow look better than it is.

I liked the comment about the Dow Jones INDUSTRIAL Average and how they shouldn't have non-industrial companies on there. Of course the way things are going they're going to be hard pressed to find a U.S. industrial company...

·
Registered
15,633 Posts

Buy it now while its low... its going to go back up eventually.
Exactly.

Depending on this and that, you can now take some day trading money and go long.

Next three months are going to offer some 'interesting' opportunities concerning GM.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts

Exactly.

Depending on this and that, you can now take some day trading money and go long.

Next three months are going to offer some 'interesting' opportunities concerning GM.
VERY interesting opportunities.

Assuming GM survives the next 3 years and the Volt is the hit we think it will be, we could see some millionaires made through GM stock.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
I hope you are right... We already had one crack pot set the
"woulda, coulda, shoulda" price of 14.77... and we are presently a buck an a half off of that.

The challenge is that I can't see any bright light at the end of this tunnel. Truck sales are toast
Small car sales are weak
Pontiac is in trouble
Buick is dead in NA
Cadillac has only one car that sells
No replacement for the POS Aveo or uncompetitive Cobalt for 2 years
The Volt is over a year out
The Camaro is several months out
GM dealers are going to "eat it" big time on truck lease returns in the next 6-8 months.
There is a ton of inventory in the pipe right now and GM is about to "fire sell" it off with zero% financing.

When the June sales number are published in ~3 weeks the stock will take another $2.50 hit and will hover near 10.75. And even if those number look good... we will get 2nd quarter financials in late July... And the market will rehash the truck disaster.

I don't see any way of avoiding a $10.50 per share by August. God I hope that I'm wrong.

Speaking as someone who owns lots of this stock... I would LOVE you all to go out and buy up lots of shares and drive the price up... But if you are looking for free advice... I wouldn't buy any of this stock until if gets to 10.50... And then do so on the gamble that if the stock dips to 9.90... The board might FINALLY WAKE-UP... and Fire Rick... When this happens the stock will rebound to ~15.00.

Of course what I just described is not investing... its called gambling.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
I hope you are right... We already had one crack pot set the
"woulda, coulda, shoulda" price of 14.77... and we are presently a buck an a half off of that.

The challenge is that I can't see any bright light at the end of this tunnel. Truck sales are toast
Small car sales are weak
Pontiac is in trouble
Buick is dead in NA
Cadillac has only one car that sells
No replacement for the POS Aveo or uncompetitive Cobalt for 2 years
The Volt is over a year out
The Camaro is several months out
GM dealers are going to "eat it" big time on truck lease returns in the next 6-8 months.
There is a ton of inventory in the pipe right now and GM is about to "fire sell" it off with zero% financing.

When the June sales number are published in ~3 weeks the stock will take another $2.50 hit and will hover near 10.75. And even if those number look good... we will get 2nd quarter financials in late July... And the market will rehash the truck disaster.

I don't see any way of avoiding a $10.50 per share by August. God I hope that I'm wrong.

Speaking as someone who owns lots of this stock... I would LOVE you all to go out and buy up lots of shares and drive the price up... But if you are looking for free advice... I wouldn't buy any of this stock until if gets to 10.50... And then do so on the gamble that if the stock dips to 9.90... The board might FINALLY WAKE-UP... and Fire Rick... When this happens the stock will rebound to ~15.00.

Of course what I just described is not investing... its called gambling.
GM's main challenge right now is to reorganize its product line to the new reality of $4.00 per gallon gas and the consequent lower truck sales, take the huge hit on depreciated off-lease vehicles, and basically be able to pay the bills until the Volt hits the streets.

The Volt and E-Flex is GM's iMac, iPod, and iPhone rolled into one product. If that launches flawlessly and beats Toyota to market, then GM is back in a huge way.

The issue is surviving until then. Ford has a big pot of cash to sit on, and has Kirk Kerkorian's capital to live on until they adjust, which is why I'm confident they will survive this.

GM... I'm not as sure.

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
GM's main challenge right now is to reorganize its product line to the new reality of $4.00 per gallon gas and the consequent lower truck sales, take the huge hit on depreciated off-lease vehicles, and basically be able to pay the bills until the Volt hits the streets.

The Volt and E-Flex is GM's iMac, iPod, and iPhone rolled into one product. If that launches flawlessly and beats Toyota to market, then GM is back in a huge way.

The issue is surviving until then. Ford has a big pot of cash to sit on, and has Kirk Kerkorian's capital to live on until they adjust, which is why I'm confident they will survive this.

GM... I'm not as sure.
GM needs to reinvent itself. Kill off the SUVs (GMC and Hummer) and flood the market with small and fuel efficient fun-to-drive cars, then advertise it. Let people know that GM isn't just an SUV and truck company.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Wall Street will not reward GM with a higher stock price until GM can show them that it means business with its turnaround.
Closing plants when GM still has to pay the employees will not solve it for Wall Street.

I betcha Wall Street is looking at something big and bold from GM in order to move the stock.

A brand or two closing and a more models being discontinued will do the job.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts