GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With production of the saleable version of the debut edition scheduled for March, GM has started test production of the Cadillac Lyriq last week. Very exciting to see GM getting closer to starting output of retail units. Have to assume this example is 100% final.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
14,554 Posts
With production of the saleable version of the debut edition scheduled for March, GM has started test production of the Cadillac Lyriq last week. Very exciting to see GM getting closer to starting output of retail units. Have to assume this example is 100% final.
I still want to see these in person for a final judgement call on them, but I do have to say that it doesn't look too bad. Anything but white please.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I must be buying into all the media hype about other manufacturers and their progress on EVs while it seems GM is taking forever. Glad to see them testing the production line.

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Premium Member
36,156 Posts
I must be buying into all the media hype about other manufacturers and their progress on EVs while it seems GM is taking forever. Glad to see them testing the production line.
This is # 3 on Ultium platform, remember, Still no Rivian SUV, no Tesla Roadster or Semi, or Truck, No Lucid whatever, and yet it’s GM playing catch up, being the only company other than Tesla to have run out of credits.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
For me wheel sizes have officially jumped the shark.
All my life I always wanted the largest wheel size of what was available on a car. In the early 1990s, the 16" where better than the 14 or 15s. In the late 1990s, why get 16's when those 17's look so good. In the early 2000's....get those 18" and they looked oh-so-good.
But, at least for me, the size of the wheels on a lot of these cars/trucks no longer looks good. They look cartoonish/hot wheels like and in a bad way.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
For me wheel sizes have officially jumped the shark.
All my life I always wanted the largest wheel size of what was available on a car. In the early 1990s, the 16" where better than the 14 or 15s. In the late 1990s, why get 16's when those 17's look so good. In the early 2000's....get those 18" and they looked oh-so-good.
But, at least for me, the size of the wheels on a lot of these cars/trucks no longer looks good. They look cartoonish/hot wheels like and in a bad way.
Cars with customized oversized wheels are called donks I think

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Hopefully these are review units for a soon to be media drive. That really needs to happen sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,711 Posts
This is # 3 on Ultium platform, remember, Still no Rivian SUV, no Tesla Roadster or Semi, or Truck, No Lucid whatever, and yet it’s GM playing catch up, being the only company other than Tesla to have run out of credits.
Actually, I believe the same number of production Hummer and Rivian R1S have been built.

One.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Cars with customized oversized wheels are called donks I think
A donk is typically lifted to fit an oversized wheel/tire combo, usually the lift is considerable because the wheel size is 26" and larger. The Lyriq is not lifted so calling it a Donk is quite a stretch. It does look like a 22" wheel? Its a little bit big for my taste. I think a 20" would look better.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,711 Posts
A donk is typically lifted to fit an oversized wheel/tire combo, usually the lift is considerable because the wheel size is 26" and larger. The Lyriq is not lifted so calling it a Donk is quite a stretch. It does look like a 22" wheel? Its a little bit big for my taste. I think a 20" would look better.
Big Wheel Expert Shaq says no bigger than 24". Ride quality goes to poop if you go any bigger.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Big Wheel Expert Shaq says no bigger than 24". Ride quality goes to poop if you go any bigger.
I have 20's on my 61 Bel Air and its lowered, so I had to limit overall tire diameter for clearance. I hit a pot hole and destroyed the left front wheel. Needless to say, i'm switching to a 17" wheel with a bit more sidewall.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts