GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
It's a dedicated off road truck. For the same price Cadillac will debut a people mover.
You and I both know that 95% of these will never see any hardcore offroading where a lower departure angle due to a longer back end for a 3rd row would come back to haunt it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just wondering why it’s so big, has a completely flat floor, yet doesn’t offer a third row. I questioned the lack of a rear wiper as well and a friend told me that it’s because the back window rolls down but I shut him down quickly by stating 4Runner and Sequoia rearmost window rolls down with a rear wiper. Got crickets from him as he thought about it. Sounds like I’m nitpicking but at it’s price point nothing should be over (or under) looked. I love this SUV regardless. #Sidenote: Why on earth 2023 availability?
Do you really need a wiper on the back glass?

I feel some people complain and nitpick to fill in the day

·
Registered
545 Posts
Just wondering why it’s so big, has a completely flat floor, yet doesn’t offer a third row. I questioned the lack of a rear wiper as well and a friend told me that it’s because the back window rolls down but I shut him down quickly by stating 4Runner and Sequoia rearmost window rolls down with a rear wiper. Got crickets from him as he thought about it. Sounds like I’m nitpicking but at it’s price point nothing should be over (or under) looked. I love this SUV regardless. #Sidenote: Why on earth 2023 availability?
Geeze not everything needs to have a third row and are u certain that there’s not a hidden wiper as on all Cadillac and full size gm suv models?

·
Registered
20,339 Posts
2023, that is a long way off

That said, it looks good, I would prefer traditional round headlights
So the bad news is it'll cost you $120,000 - The good news is you've got 2 years to save it up!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Try driving one of these SUV's in rain and snow and you'll soon figure it out.
Agree. Twice now my equinox’s rear wiper stopped working and needed to fix ASAP because I just had such poor visibility in slushy/dirty and nighttime conditions. Btw the “broken” issue was more my fault as I installed a new motor not realizing that the actual issue was a nearly seized spindle

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,957 Posts
Agree. Twice now my equinox’s rear wiper stopped working and needed to fix ASAP because I just had such poor visibility in slushy/dirty and nighttime conditions. Btw the “broken” issue was more my fault as I installed a new motor not realizing that the actual issue was a nearly seized spindle
Check the reply I got, So and so still doesn't get it.

·
Premium Member
33,519 Posts
Are EV safe for more serious off roading?

Deeper mud and water, or scraping the bottom on the rock (battery is put in the floor right)? Or will such things cost owners a new battery etc.?
you know most trails people offroad in are only 3 to 4 miles, its not overlanding, its got more than enough range, the price however means, its most likely going to be on the local mall trail, its a jungle out there!

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,957 Posts
you know most trails people offroad in are only 3 to 4 miles, its not overlanding, its got more than enough range, the price however means, its most likely going to be on the local mall trail, its a jungle out there!
True :) It's already that way with most of the ICE SUV's isn't it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you need a wiper on the back glass to drive around town then you need serious help.

People back then use to be able to drive, today not so much! It's really sad. They make a great new vehicle and that's what you focus on!

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,584 Posts
Why even show this two years out?!

From my understanding, GM is working on a modified Chevrolet Silverado(ish) EV truck, I'd show that first and get it to market asap. Even a modified Tahoe EV would have a shorter development time and get to market a lot sooner.

·
Super Moderator
20,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
In 18 years I honestly don't even know if my Envoy's rear wiper works. I've never touched the control. And that's living in one state that snows and another state that rains constantly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Why even show this two years out?!

From my understanding, GM is working on a modified Chevrolet Silverado(ish) EV truck, I'd show that first and get it to market asap. Even a modified Tahoe EV would have a shorter development time and get to market a lot sooner.
GM doesn't have enough battery cells to fulfill all the orders for a Silverado EV.

It is going to be low volume for a while might as well sell $80k-$110k Hummers and $60k plus Cadillacs before you get to $45+ Silverados.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Are EV safe for more serious off roading?

Deeper mud and water, or scraping the bottom on the rock (battery is put in the floor right)? Or will such things cost owners a new battery etc.?
Much more likely you puncture your oil pan and have engine lock than need a new battery pack.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah I have no respect that knob’s opinion....I think they are still stuck back 1950. What matters is my opinion and that is that my rear wiper works. Anyone that doesn’t see the benefit has never driven extensively on wet, gravel roads or doesn’t care what’s behind them. Or both

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I know this is going to come off a-holeish, but I don't care.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....All the crap you talk in this forum and you drive a freaking Equinox....an Equinox that you HAVE to change the rear wiper on yourself at that?!?!?!? So it's a what 07-08?

As condescending as you were/are in your posts I figure you at the very least had a Gen 3 CTS...but an Equinox? God that is rich. At least tell us you have your own house and don't live in your adolescent bedroom? Right?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Out of curiosity why do these electric vehicles have so much horsepower? Can they have half the power and double the range or am i thinking wrong?

Reactions: eklauss
21 - 40 of 75 Posts