GM Inside News Forum banner

GM Reveals 2024 Chevrolet Blazer EV

17K views 183 replies 44 participants last post by  Bigdog 
Is that a ...RED LEATHER interior? OMG like a blast from the past. It's beautiful inside and out except for two spots: The "gills" in the front fenders and the somewhat awkward rear quarter hunch and rear doors.

I've been watching the Cars.com intro video: on this and notice two sticking points. The way that charging port works and how it is up under there with that location. What happens in the dead of winter with snow and ice and road slop build up? Will that make it miserable or useless to work with and get all froze up? Also all that shiny black trim crap on the front and rear of it after a while or a number of years in these certain dry roasting climates they get all dull faded out looking like:poop:. Not a wise decision for either IMO...but these designers and engineers supposedly?:unsure:? think of everything and ?test? 🤪all this BS... or so they say lol.

The reason why there isn't a frunk for the Balzer EV (and Lyriq) is the larger onboard 19.2kw charger instead of the smaller 11kw. A GM engineer told a journalist covering the Lyriq in Idaho that for the US spec Lyriq, they wanted to prioritize charge speed. The China spec Lyriq has a frunk due to the much smaller (and slower) onboard charger. I just wish the GM PR department was just more open and honest about this.
See video below:
I like the name Balzer for it rather than what they have... Blazer lol 😁 :D :p 🤪.

The above compares the Blazer, Mach-E, ID-4, and Model Y.

Does anybody else find the idea of a Blazer with heavy Camaro design influence competing with a "Mustang" kinda odd? Is it more or less sacrilegious to call it a Blazer, or the Mach-E a Mustang? I'm somewhat enjoying the electric transition, but hate the Mustang and Blazer names being abused like they are. LOL
Yes and add to the fact that I don't think there are any out there to be tested yet other than journalists pouring over a stationary prototype model of the Blazer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.