GM Inside News Forum banner

181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I think the screen looks a little odd, but overall the interior looks outstanding. I'm also not usually a fan of gold/bronze colors, but I think it looks cool in this implementation.

I can't wait to see pictures with 37" tires - the wheel wells look a little empty with only 35" tires!

I see a lot of resemblance to the H2T. Anybody else?
Well, considering that's essentially what it is, that's not a huge surprise.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cobaltss_King

·
Registered
20,339 Posts

At the 6:50 mark, when asked about production, the lady says "Fall of 2021, and it will be available in early 2022"

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Leading up to the unveiling there were several that questioned GM's bringing back the Hummer brand as it was maligned for being a gas guzzler. I'm assuming from 4 pages of mostly positive comments that everyone is now on board with Hummer being brought back to life?
Most people laughed at the people maligning the old Hummers. It's a gas guzzler? It's a big honking truck, duh!

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,957 Posts

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Yessssss!!!!!!!
Well, considering that's essentially what it is, that's not a huge surprise.

At the 6:50 mark, when asked about production, the lady says "Fall of 2021, and it will be available in early 2022"
Yes they can. They can call it whatever they want. And you can call it whatever you want.
You need to learn how to multi quote, dude. ;)
I agree.

Doesn't matter. It's what it's there for. HAHA :drive::drive:
OK, I got it now.:p:

·
Registered
20,339 Posts
Have you always been this supportive of Tesla interiors too? Serious question because I'm sensing a shift in some peoples' opinions re extreme styling minimalism and the i-pad thing.

I'm suspecting if in 2020 Chevy introduced, not just any new EV, but a Camaro EUV and stuck that interior in it this conversation would be going an entirely different direction. The picture below should help you visualize my point. I want to be sure I have this clear... you would be actively defending THIS below as a proper interior for the first ever electric Camaro sport utility vehicle, priced as high as $60,000?

That looks awesome, what model is that again, Camaro EV? only one problem; GM prices it at $70K or $75K and you are right, too cheap for a car that price.

I'm not going to say that "looks" attractive, especially in photos, and in general, when we are talking about "iPad Screens Tacked-on" we aren't talking about the massive ones.

Not to put words into Ed's mouth, but he didn't necessarily say he thinks it looks good (he didn't say if he likes it or not), rather he was talking about its functionality. I'm sure from a functionality standpoint it is outstanding - it is big and right there in your face.

I think a good analogy is the 1980's (or was it 70's?) with USA government mandated bumpers. European makes had to slap on big bumpers that weren't well incorporated into their designs. I'm sure they were effective and worked, but they didn't look good.
Thank you!

But you put words in my mouth. I didn't say he thought it "looks good" or not. Ed is currently defending the layout yet I recall few if any on here defending Tesla's, prior to the Mustang Mach-E. My point and question stand, addressed to Ed.
I think the "big-screen" in the Ram, looks the best, but it sits low, which isn't always the best. You can't have all things, I liked the "redundant controls" I first experienced in our 2013 Fusion; screen, controls, steering wheel and some via voice, but manual controls take screen space.

The "iPad Look" sticking out above the top of the dash, is the way to go, period.

Reactions: sdotjeezy

·
Registered
7,096 Posts

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk

I thought that the still pics looked amazing, but in video for some reason I'm less impressed. Nice, but not as amazing as I first thought. Definitely could use some color choices.

The tech should be amazing. And I like the little touches like the the way the exterior lights work. It's fluff, but I like stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I sure hope the Hummer is more reliable than the Taycan 4S I just saw in limp mode while walking my dog. I walked right by it (I was walking faster than it was moving) and I will say it is a stunning car. Absolutely stunning, even when barely moving.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Well GM wants us to know its officially out testing.
https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f38/gmc-hummer-ev-kicks-off-winter-testing-299341/#post7279089

Didn't GM state that they weren't going to disguise the Hummer prototypes since what was revealed is the final version?

PS - I LOVE the front license plate. :)
Its not camo. The lighting just isn't ready. Your comment brought back memories of the 5th gen Camaro headlight controversy.

How about the plate on the rear? lol

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Didn't GM state that they weren't going to disguise the Hummer prototypes since what was revealed is the final version?

PS - I LOVE the front license plate. :)
WTFMODE - that should be the official name for GM's version of "Ludicrous" mode.

181 - 200 of 203 Posts