GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 267 Posts
Wonder when and what venue they plan to officially announce? Neither GM or Chevrolet media or product sites mention it. Not even a "coming soon" teaser.
A comment to the YouTube video that Ute shared indicates the official 2022 Silverado announcement & debut is scheduled for 16:00 (not sure what time zone) today, September 9, 2021. I don't know the venue.

Reactions: BlackGTP
Ok...I'm gonna say it because it needs to be said. I get it GM, you have a lot of women in decision making positions, but IMO truck presentations need to be more "masculine" because trucks are geared towards male customers. Next time, hire an actor or two, and leave Melissa McCarthy back in the office.

I in no way mean for this to sound sexist, but if it does, whatever. I get that women can do almost anything men can do, but when releasing a truck, you need to speak to your audience, this doesn't.

Overall the upgrades look good, I had no problem with the exterior of the pre-facelift Silvy, it was the interior that sucked ass....this looks to have resolved it.

Re: ZR2, how much is it going to cost? I'm assuming that this will come in cheaper than a Raptor, otherwise......
I agree and the two dudes they had in the video sounded like they both had a mouthful of marbles.................

Yeah, price is what I was thinking about too, ZR2, starts at $62-65,000?

Typical f'ing GM...so just because a customer doesn't buy the $50k truck they are penalized with the old interior from 2014. They are clueless.
Calm-down, I am actually surprised this interior is going into all LT's, that is significant, who (how many) really wants a "luxury interior" in a work truck?
- And buy "want" that includes paying for it too.

Lookin good! Too bad no updates for the V8 output numbers, since they've remained pretty stagnant since 2014. Impressive numbers from the 2.7T. I really wish ZR2 would have an optional LT4 or even LT5 to compete with the massive power of the other halo off-road trucks, but the 6.2L is still a sweet mill even without a blower.

Wow...what a leap, "man's fragile ego" I kinda expected that from you to be honest, like I said, I'm not intending for this to be sexist (not sure if that's a loud enough virtue signal) but this doesn't speak to their audience...Can you imagine the Demon reveal w/ Mimi from the Drew Carey show?
When I said man’s fragile ego I meant you directly and any guy that thinks like that. You are being misogynistic whether u want to acknowledge that or not. I know plenty of woman I highly respect that either own their own trucks or had a lot of input into the family hauler that just happens to be a truck. So yeah, do better

I agree and the two dudes they had in the video sounded like they both had a mouthful of marbles.................

Yeah, price is what I was thinking about too, ZR2, starts at $62-65,000?

Calm-down, I am actually surprised this interior is going into all LT's, that is significant, who (how many) really wants a "luxury interior" in a work truck?
- And buy "want" that includes paying for it too.
Hipster guy and nerdy engineer dude...yeah, that's not how you want to release your trucks. Jussayin.

Price is going to be a big factor with the ZR2, I guess they're just trying to milk as much money from Chevy fans, because I really don't see a reason... if priced dollar for dollar to a Raptor for an outsider to pick the ZR2 over the Raptor. Hall Racing means d--k to me.

When I said man’s fragile ego I meant you directly and any guy that thinks like that. You are being misogynistic whether u want to acknowledge that or not. I know plenty of woman I highly respect that either own their own trucks or had a lot of input into the family hauler that just happens to be a truck. So yeah, do better
ok...f'n whatever - all I'm really saying is know your audience...don't know why you're being so GD sensitive about it.

As noted above, that's a crazy amount of torque from the 2.7. I wonder if we'll be seeing any changes in the Cadillac version (I know it is tuned differently)???

And they said the 10 speed is improved, I recall a lot of great reviews already - I can't imagine what they made better!

Nice to see the 2.7 get a bump in power now it's similar power numbers to the Ford EcoBoost 2.7

Ford: 325 HP and 400 lb-ft
Current Chevy: 310 HP and 348 lb-ft
New Chevy: 310 HP and 420 lb-ft

I had an F150 as a rental with the 2.7 and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it moved with such a small motor I imagine the Silverado with the 2.7 is the same thing really amazing power numbers they are getting out of such a small package these days.

The new front end looks more like the SUVs. I still question their decision to continually pull all design elements up near the belt line height with the '19+ models - something further exaggerated with this new design by putting the badge centered on the headlights at the top of the grille. It makes the design look obnoxiously tall/top heavy to me. But I guess they feel like their customers like that.

The new interior looks so much better than the outgoing one. Not that that was a high bar to cross, but they did a good job here.

It seems like there's no additional track width with the ZR2 like you find on Raptor and TRX? This only further exaggerates the "too tall/on stilts" effect I mentioned above.

Nice to see the 2.7 get a bump in power now it's similar power numbers to the Ford EcoBoost 2.7

Ford: 325 HP and 400 lb-ft
Current Chevy: 310 HP and 348 lb-ft
New Chevy: 310 HP and 420 lb-ft

I had an F150 as a rental with the 2.7 and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it moved with such a small motor I imagine the Silverado with the 2.7 is the same thing really amazing power numbers they are getting out of such a small package these days.
Amazing that it has so much torque, especially vs. the 6.2 which only has 40 foot pounds of torque more (460 foot pounds in the Tahoe).

I know this is just a dream and the turbo doesn't work this way, but it would be cool to combine two 2.7's to make a V8 with 620 hp and 840 lb-ft!

Nice looking interior, be really cool if it came with the St Elmo's Fire special effects lighting :D

I'm a little surprised they gave it a unique interior. I was expecting a clone of the Tahoe interior (pictured below).

View attachment 64399
Um...it actually looks better than the Tahoe Interior now, any chance they move that over to the Tahoe?

41 - 60 of 267 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.