GM Inside News Forum banner
221 - 240 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Apparently that donkey is still available in 2022 if you get the W/T or Custom model so it can't be buried. As I mentioned before....with competition as fierce as it is, GM should be throwing a bone to all its customers, whether they are top of the line trucks or the W/T and Custom models. Should the W/T and Custom get all the bells and whistles? Of course not, but for Christs sake give them something better than the interior from 2014.
My new theory about the two interior strategy is the higher end interiors are not up to actual work use and fleet use so GM had the separate them.

·
Premium Member
34,675 Posts
Who are you talking to here?
Placement of the emblem is not the problem, it's when a person says I can design cars better then the real professionals.

You can say you don't like it, but saying you can do a better job is ridiculous.

This isn't about weather I like the design it's about weather some random person could design a car from scratch.

Fact is that you can't
Who are you talking to here?
I tried to be nice in the beginning.
There is no good Truck released thread without a keyboard fight, and you not so gentle men delivered.

Now if only Ed and SDjeeze would join in a deliver the coup de grâce they so famously get on the ignore lists for.. this thread would really go down in a blaze of epic glory! as always

·
Registered
843 Posts
There is no good Truck released thread without a keyboard fight, and you not so gentle men delivered.

Now if only Ed and SDjeeze would join in a deliver the coup de grâce they so famously get on the ignore lists for.. this thread would really go down in a blaze of epic glory! as always
Here i will trigger them both

Hey Ed, Ford sucks!! (y)

Hey SD, Biden and EV cars suck!! :p

And i agree with carnut, explain yourself Buttons!!!!🤪😎

·
Registered
20,893 Posts

Muck-a-luck, you make zero sense, you bash GM for screwing it up, then defend them for putting a cheap looking interior in the T1XX, now they may not have been able to put the super-duper, interior in the Silverado, they didn't have to make it cheaper than the K2XX.

Here i will trigger them both

Hey Ed, Ford sucks!! (y)

Hey SD, Biden and EV cars suck!! :p

And i agree with carnut, explain yourself Buttons!!!!🤪😎
Lucky for you I still get a big discount on GM's..........

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
You know what I'm really excited about? When these updates transfer over to the HD line along with a 500+hp/1000+ft-lb Duramax.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Are they ready going to massage the Duda max for more power?
They are falling behind so they should, IMO. Whether they will or not, time will tell.

Ford is up to 475/1050 and Ram is 420/1075. While 445/910 is far from bad, it's down "on paper" in the torque department compared to both the Ford and Ram, and down in HP to the PowerStroke. Real world performance may not really directly translate, but from a marketing perspective the numbers definitely have sway.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
:unsure: 🧐 Explain yourself pleease.
To me the High Country looks like gm upscaled an Impala (clean , modern even a bit boring and that "Chevy Swoop" on the front fenders) and added some pick up cues and a bed. WHen I look at it all I get from it is giant sedan not a pick up.

The ZR-2 reminds me of when Old GM came out with the "SS" in response to the SRT-10 Ram and and Lightning. A bump in power would have been nice to have for the ZR-2 (maybe 450hp).

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
To me the High Country looks like gm upscaled an Impala (clean and modern even a bit boring) and added some pick up cues and a bed. WHen I look at it all I get from it is giant sedan not a pick up.

The ZR-2 reminds me of when Old GM came out with the "SS" in response to the SRT-10 Ram and and Lightning. A bump in power would have been nice to have for the ZR-2 (maybe 450hp).
I'm going to peel back my initial ZR2 reaction a little and add this, the power level of the 6.2 is fine...I actually wouldn't mind if it RAM did a 6.4 powered TRX for everyone who doesn't want to pony up for a HC motor. The problem with the ZR2, is the same problem I have with the Camaro, it's "cold"/lacks character, sure the performance might be close, but the consumers ponying up 65-80,000 dollars for these want a little visual flair as well. Flared desert runner style fenders like the Ford and Ram would've gone a long way...and dare I say it, stickers.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
To me the High Country looks like gm upscaled an Impala (clean , modern even a bit boring and that "Chevy Swoop" on the front fenders) and added some pick up cues and a bed. WHen I look at it all I get from it is giant sedan not a pick up.

I agree that the ZR2 should have gotten a slight power bump. At least they could have improved the intake and exhaust to get to Corvette type numbers. It's the same engine. Why not share the HP? Maybe the intake manifold won't fit on the trucks?

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I'm going to peel back my initial ZR2 reaction a little and add this, the power level of the 6.2 is fine...I actually wouldn't mind if it RAM did a 6.4 powered TRX for everyone who doesn't want to pony up for a HC motor. The problem with the ZR2, is the same problem I have with the Camaro, it's "cold"/lacks character, sure the performance might be close, but the consumers ponying up 65-80,000 dollars for these want a little visual flair as well. Flared desert runner style fenders like the Ford and Ram would've gone a long way...and dare I say it, stickers.
It does come with black plastic fender guards. 🤣

Silverado has really taken the looks down a notch since the Silverado and Sierra stopped sharing sheet metal. I think GM is trying to cater to the very conservative crowd and going with a more bland approach that comes across as boring if you're used to something with a little more style. There's rumors that the Sierra AT4X will be like the ZR2 but with a little more zing. Hopefully that caters to those buyers you're referring to.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
It does come with black plastic fender guards. 🤣

Silverado has really taken the looks down a notch since the Silverado and Sierra stopped sharing sheet metal. I think GM is trying to cater to the very conservative crowd and going with a more bland approach that comes across as boring if you're used to something with a little more style. There's rumors that the Sierra AT4X will be like the ZR2 but with a little more zing. Hopefully that caters to those buyers you're referring to.
That actually made me go "whaaaaaaat" when they mentioned flared fenders in the reveal...I was thinking surely they cant be talking about that little ring of plastic around the wheel well, so I ended up staring at the ZR2 vs the regular thinking that the fenders were flared like the Raptor and TRX trying to rationalize it in my head for about a 5 mins before I settled on them referring to the plastic fender guards. I was disappointed to say the least

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I agree that the ZR2 should have gotten a slight power bump. At least they could have improved the intake and exhaust to get to Corvette type numbers. It's the same engine. Why not share the HP? Maybe the intake manifold won't fit on the trucks?
The truck 6.2 does have a different camshaft as well iirc to get the truck characteristics, and doesn't rev as high (probably driven by cam power band being a bit lower and lower revs usually translating into higher reliability). I think the intake/exh is mostly packaging. Usually the truck intakes actually have longer runners since they have more space (at least compared to the LT1 in the FE cars).

Still I agree it seems like they could have gotten 10-15 HP. Or maybe had the ZR2 include the GM performance intake/exhaust they already offer on the trucks standard? Or an NPP style dual mode exhaust?

Even if they didn't want to go whole hog with LT4 or LT5, it does seem like there's some missed opportunities there to elevate it a little.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
grown ups don't like boy racer.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
They are falling behind so they should, IMO. Whether they will or not, time will tell.

Ford is up to 475/1050 and Ram is 420/1075. While 445/910 is far from bad, it's down "on paper" in the torque department compared to both the Ford and Ram, and down in HP to the PowerStroke. Real world performance may not really directly translate, but from a marketing perspective the numbers definitely have sway.
According to this Autoblog article, TFL Truck is reporting they may bump it to 505/1085 for '23, along with a refresh.

221 - 240 of 265 Posts