GM Inside News Forum banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,162 Posts
Anyone know what the cost add-on of the Super Cruise is going to be? At Caddy, it's $2500 on top of a loaded CT4/CT5. Just about the cheapest CT5 with SC that I could spec is around $57K, any Bolt should be significantly less. Maybe $2500 on top of a loaded Bolt/EUV?
To partially answer my own question, the Launch Edition EUV includes SuperCruise (and panoramic sunroof) for $43.5K. The Premier starts around $38K w/o SC.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,681 Posts
You got to admit, Tesla’s do have ‘that face’ which makes them look like a high school project, plus the low windscreen in the model 3 makes the woke look like the jetsons on their way to woke work in the morning
That's the only thing I don't like about these electric cars and their lack or need of a grille as we know it in ICE models. They all have that bottom feeder ocean creature look, or mouthless entity. 🤔

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
That's the only thing I don't like about these electric cars and their lack or need of a grille as we know it in ICE models. They all have that bottom feeder ocean creature look, or mouthless entity. 🤔

I don't like that either. On the Bolts or the Model 3. The Model 3 is, to my eyes, particularly ugly. The Model S and the Roadster (still make that?) are nice.

Besides looking better, wouldn't some sort of opening up there be more aerodynamic, even if it's no longer necessary to have a grille?

Reactions: Ed753

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 1972 Chevy Nova
3,355 Posts
Me thinks he's trying to create his own little world where the Bolt doesn't suck as much.
The real world considers Chevy Bolt to be a very competent product, with high ratings for reliability and customer satisfaction. It's certainly not perfect, but not at all "sucky". The 2022 refresh for Bolt addresses most of the original model's shortcomings such as interior materials quality (a sore spot for GM cars in general) and seat comfort.

Have you had the opportunity to test drive a Chevy Bolt?

Reactions: wallus13

·
Registered
18,188 Posts
The real world considers Chevy Bolt to be a very competent product, with high ratings for reliability and customer satisfaction. It's certainly not perfect, but not at all "sucky". The 2022 refresh for Bolt addresses most of the original model's shortcomings such as interior materials quality (a sore spot for GM cars in general) and seat comfort.

I have. It's an ok car. Any car within 3 years of being on the market should have high ratings for reliability. GM killed it with the customer satisfaction on the Volt and the Bolt shouldn't be any different. GM knows how to make a high quality EV.

It sucks at sells. Face it, it's hovered around 20k units per year for 3 years. That fake car company has gone from 1600, 140k, 160k and 202k of the 3 in the same time frame. GM is sucking at EVs.

This is a very cool chart.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
All apologies if this post comes off as ****ish

Vehicle A:

Vehicle B:

One car is sold by a "Fake Company" the other is a renown competent model in the eyes of the real world w/ a fleet component....guess which is which?

Reactions: emh

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,681 Posts
All apologies if this post comes off as ****ish

Vehicle A:

Vehicle B:

One car is sold by a "Fake Company" the other is a renown competent model in the eyes of the real world w/ a fleet component....guess which is which?
The thing is, that other "fake" car company developed a cliquish cult like following being all hip and trendy(mainly because of their boss) that the other mainstay competent one simply cannot replicate because of it's persona, history etc., etc., etc. I hope this upcoming slew of electrics changes that :) too.

·
Premium Member
33,258 Posts

Theme is Tesla good, GM bad, nothing in between

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
See above post ;).
It isn't that, criticism of the Bolts existence has NOTHING to do with it being from GM, its criticized because of what it is and how much they're trying to sell it for...When GM can deliver out a mass market EV that isn't sized like or looks like a ****box at a price close to its ICE counterpart, then they'll be taken seriously. As it sits right now, it's laughable that a subcompact B segment car is being sold for 31-35k...when you can get what is perceived as a trendy/luxury 3 series competitor for a few grand more.

What I find funny that saleswise the Bolt, in a year - at its very best, does what the 3 can do in a good month, there really shouldn't be a comparison. The Bolt is overpriced as it sits and needs to be priced somewhere in the 20s to be considered a good buy. Its why none of the mainstream subcompact EVs never took off, too little car for the money...either buy the ICE version for half the price or get a Tesla...and we see what is actually happening...buyers are doing both more than they're buying the Bolt.

·
Premium Member
33,258 Posts
The thing is, that other "fake" car company developed a cliquish cult like following being all hip and trendy(mainly because of their boss) that the other mainstay competent one simply cannot replicate because of it's persona, history etc., etc., etc. I hope this upcoming slew of electrics changes that :) too.
Its a question of Engineering muscle , and most auto companies have way more that Tesla. Tesla will have to hire like crazy in the next decade to match them

·
Registered
18,188 Posts
Is it a clique when we're gonna get over 500k sales this year? Depending on when the other giga factories come online we could potentially see 1 million. Elon did something that changed an industry. Yes, the founders of Tesla started the company but Elon led it to where it is. Now, everyone is following that. That's huge.

This is cool to watch some 13 years later.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
I don't like that either. On the Bolts or the Model 3. The Model 3 is, to my eyes, particularly ugly. The Model S and the Roadster (still make that?) are nice.

Besides looking better, wouldn't some sort of opening up there be more aerodynamic, even if it's no longer necessary to have a grille?
Openings are generally bad for aerodynamics, especially at high speeds, which is why EVs minimize them (as do airplanes) and even some PHEVs have mechanically closing grilles at high speeds when operating on battery power.

Reactions: wallus13

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5
2,224 Posts
They certainly could put fake grills on them

·
Registered
18,188 Posts
Openings are generally bad for aerodynamics, especially at high speeds, which is why EVs minimize them (as do airplanes) and even some PHEVs have mechanically closing grilles at high speeds when operating on battery power.
Model 3 has a CoD of .23. Volt is .27. Not awful on either.

·
Registered
20,210 Posts
Kind of silly to exclude Tesla from the ranks of "real automakers" when they outsold BMW in the US by over 200,000 units in 2020.
Tesla, unlike real automakers, doesn't report verifiable vehicle sales totals in its press releases. "Global vehicle deliveries", whatever Tesla thinks that means, totaled 499,550 in CY 2020. There is no mention of U.S. sales numbers in this release.

BMW's global vehicle sales in CY 2020 by comparison was 2,028,659.
Tesla sold ~194,000 based on registrations, I'd put money that it's pretty close.

(BMW sold 279,000 in the US)

Just because Tesla doesn't report it directly doesn't mean the numbers don't exist.

2020292,90250.11% YoY Increase
When the manufacturer doesn't report, some people just make stuff up, clearly the case here, 293K in the US!?

- Not even close! 🤣

I keep seeing GCBC data being quoted, it's grossly wrong almost every-time I double-check the numbers.

Reactions: gkr778

·
Registered
521 Posts
It isn't that, criticism of the Bolts existence has NOTHING to do with it being from GM, its criticized because of what it is and how much they're trying to sell it for...When GM can deliver out a mass market EV that isn't sized like or looks like a ****box at a price close to its ICE counterpart, then they'll be taken seriously. As it sits right now, it's laughable that a subcompact B segment car is being sold for 31-35k...when you can get what is perceived as a trendy/luxury 3 series competitor for a few grand more.

What I find funny that saleswise the Bolt, in a year - at its very best, does what the 3 can do in a good month, there really shouldn't be a comparison. The Bolt is overpriced as it sits and needs to be priced somewhere in the 20s to be considered a good buy. Its why none of the mainstream subcompact EVs never took off, too little car for the money...either buy the ICE version for half the price or get a Tesla...and we see what is actually happening...buyers are doing both more than they're buying the Bolt.
So I assume you are criticizing Leaf for the lack of sales as well? It’s definitely overpriced and under engineered compared to Bolt and sales reflect that issue. Maybe spread your hate to the few other bevs on the market and keep in mind that Tesla’s rabid fans will never consider a GM...they have generations of mistrust behind them so the road for GM is uphill. But, the bolt is still a great car. And it’s trim isn’t going to leave a trail behind itself and it’s paint flake off when it rains and all the little electrical gremlins make the car absolute garbage in a decade.
And the bolt is still the best selling ev outside of Tesla in North America despite battery supply issues from the start and so much hate. The ppl that actually give the car a chance and own them, love them. That’s all that matters. Not this squawk squawk squawk from ppl like u.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
So I assume you are criticizing Leaf for the lack of sales as well? It’s definitely overpriced and under engineered compared to Bolt and sales reflect that issue. Maybe spread your hate to the few other bevs on the market and keep in mind that Tesla’s rabid fans will never consider a GM...they have generations of mistrust behind them so the road for GM is uphill. But, the bolt is still a great car. And it’s trim isn’t going to leave a trail behind itself and it’s paint flake off when it rains and all the little electrical gremlins make the car absolute garbage in a decade.
And the bolt is still the best selling ev outside of Tesla in North America despite battery supply issues from the start and so much hate. The ppl that actually give the car a chance and own them, love them. That’s all that matters. Not this squawk squawk squawk from ppl like u.
Oh Jeez, here we effing go w/ this BS....This is a discussion about the Bolt, but go back and read my post without going into "Red Ross" mode and you'll see that I said "that is why none of the Mainstream EVs took off saleswise...too little car for too much money"...is the Leaf a mainstream EV? Yep, there you go....does that make you happy?

61 - 80 of 119 Posts