Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM requested the nameplate "High Desert"
Application: Motor land vehicles, namely, trucks

*Link in the image

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While it may also be something related to Silverado, I bet it will be for the "anti-Raptor" version of the Colorado, which has been rumored before!

Although I think, from the marketing standpoint, "Rally" or maybe something like "Predator" would be more effective for that version.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
While it may also be something related to Silverado, I bet it will be for the "anti-Raptor" version of the Colorado, which has been rumored before!

Although I think, from the marketing standpoint, "Rally" or maybe something like "Predator" would be more effective for that version.
I'm looking forward to seeing what it is, but the name sucks. "High Desert"? Come on.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
High Desert certainly doesn't inspire any sort of intimidation if it is indeed to be a "Raptor fighting" trim level.

The Reaper does nothing for me, either, as it's not an OE trim. Hell, it's not even a second-sticker model, AFAIK. Anyone can build something like that via the aftermarket... which is what the Reaper is -- an aftermarket package.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking forward to seeing what it is, but the name sucks. "High Desert"? Come on.
"High Desert" does not sound bad, but not at all memorable; necessary requirement for a niche model (again, if it is for the rumored anti-Raptor version).

By the way, "High Country" has crossed borders... Chevrolet S10 High Country:

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
It's probably just something like High Country. Instead of mountain-themed press photos and a mountain range-shaped badge, it'll be desert-themed press photos and a cactus-shaped badge.

Rally Colorado is a good trim name for a Raptor-esque vehicle and matches the personality of the truck.

The only true Raptor competitor can come in the form of a full-size ONLY, or they aren't playing fair. Predator is contrived. ZR2 is soulless.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Just go with Colorado Baja and be done with it.

These things were hot back in the day.
I forgot about those. I'd want the bowtie and baja sticker on it again too!

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Should be Colorado Weed Country.

My local Chevy dealership has several of these abominations on the lot. There seriously cannot be an uglier truck ever made.

http://www.randymarionchevrolet.net...-silverado-1500-ltz-mooresville-nc-id-6729397
Wtf??!! That is seriously ugly. And they have SEVERAL on the lot? I Just can't imagine someone would PAY to own that monstrosity.
I need a new pair of eyes. My current ones broke looking at that thing. Yeesh.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Tehachapi is not desert-ish more like high mountain. Ridgecrest, Mojave, Cal City... thats the high desert lol. Pretty sad actually haha.
Anyways I bet this is just the Chevy version of the GMC All-Terrain which means the silverado and colorado will probably get it.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I wouldn't put too much stock into GM trying to trademark the name.

GM has trademarked many names over the past decade that got the internet buzzing, but in the end was simply reserving the option of using a name that never was used.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts