GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
I can appreciate the UAW trying to save its union member jobs, but I'm happier still that sensibility ruled the day and GM axed this plan. As much as the lay perspective suggests that a Commodore police car would sell in droves, when someone actually runs the figures, I'm sure the business case is not there (hence the dismissal of this idea).

Good show, GM. Spend your money on better investments.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Originally posted by MelvinJ@Jun 26 2004, 01:48 PM
Looking at it as something GM could have been planning for a couple of year, it might have had some merit. Money spent on federalizing the Monaro for the GTO could have been used on this project, but I'm sure it wouldn't have covered the whole tab. Resources from something else in the new product program to pay for it. Which would go?
It's funny, MelvinJ, as much as you have elaborated well on the drawbacks financially to going ahead with this proposal, your appeal to business logic will fall on deaf ears. Sometimes ideas like capital expenditure, fixed costs, return on investment and profit margins are foreign concepts.

The idea of selling this car has appeal, but it seems to possess appropriately little priority.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.