GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by Lichtronamo@Jun 25 2004, 11:33 AM
This might be a dumb question, but why not just dig out the tooling for the old Caprice and start making it again? Ford's plan has been rumored to be putting the Crown Vic into "fleet only" service for some time now.
As much as I like the idea of a rear drive full size Chevy in the lineup I wouldn't like to see Chevy dig the 91-96 style Caprice back up. I currently own one of these pigs and really the only 3 things I like about it are the styling, the 5.7 LT1 power and the ride. Other than that it feels like i'm driving a 70's design vehicle. Add to that all the trouble I've had with it; wheels falling off the vehicle at 60 mph due to defective ball joint, driveability woes, front end eating tires up and not staying aligned, lots of wind noise with windows up, squeaky door panals, tranny failure at 46k miles etc. Looking at some Caprice and Impala forums finds many of the same symptoms. I would love to see a new style 4 door with RWD and a 5.7 LS1. The current Aussie Caprice with some more inventive side door sheetmetal would be a good start.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.