GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While automakers have cut back on lease incentives, General Motors Corp., at least this month, is not doing that with Cadillac.
Advertisement

GM on Friday informed Cadillac dealers of new lease incentives, through its GMAC financing arm, on 2009 Cadillacs, as well as the Saab 9-7X SUV, to last through Sept. 30. That makes the Cadillac lineup and one Saab model GM's only vehicles in the United States with discounted leases through GMAC, said GM spokesman John McDonald.

GM, which still is scaling back on its leasing incentives, is singling out Cadillac and Saab as a competitive move because leasing tends to be popular in luxury segments.

In August, 40% of the vehicle transactions for luxury brands were leases, according to J.D. Power and Associates. For Cadillac, 11.5% of transactions were leases last month.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080906/BUSINESS01/809060307/1014

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
If there's money to be made in leasing, then GM should be in the game. If it proves to be unprofitable, especially taking into account trial lawyers' penchant for suing the leasing companies when consumers get into motor vehicle accidents, then it's a no-brainer: leave the leasing game.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
Leasing luxury cars makes sense, especially if all the other boys are doing it.

Though, were it to exist, 0% for a CTS-V is awfully tempting as a purchase option :).

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
GM doesn't even need to go back to fire sale lease programs but right now for example, the Saturn Vue has no lease program. A direct competitor, the Ford Edge, does, and a very good one at that. Nissan and VW are offering very good leases as well on a variety of vehicles. GM/GMAC can't at least offer a decent lease program on some non-luxury vehicles?

·
Registered
235 Posts
If GM doesn't offer aggressive lease rates on ALL their vehicles, they are going to be in EVEN bigger trouble and they will stand to lose even more money than they did taking back lease returns.

People resort to leasing for various reasons, but if someone can lease a Mercedes, BMW, Acura, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti, Jaguar or any other non-GM brand MUCH CHEAPER than a GM vehicle, GM will be stuck with vehicles on dealer lots that won't move, PERIOD!

Someone at GM or GMAC better see the light and they better see it soon before their market share REALLY plunges!

0% APR for 72 or 84 months doesn't get me to buy a car if I want to lease. I don't care if they are offering major discounts AND 0% financing. I will NEVER EVER buy another car. I lease them for 24 months because I always want something new and I don't want to be stuck having to trade a car in or sell it private party. I used to buy vehicles and everytime I wanted to trade them in or sell it private party, I would take a huge loss. I am tired of doing that after keeping a car for a couple years.

A great plus for me to lease is that I get into a new GM vehicle every 18-24 months which is great for me and GM. I won't go to any other automaker. I am sticking specifically to Cadillac.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
aero1 is right.

saab, why no 9-3 lease?

ford has pulled back a lot too. they had great lease programs the last couple years and now they are spooked too. edge went 'big rebates and 72 mo terms' even too.

this is temporary i think. VW sales were up, why do you think? duh, great lease programs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts