GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9,502 Posts
2 Cars from S. Korea and 1 Car from China; 'YEA'...........

Bolt is up, because it was about the only car dealers had left in-stock to buy!
I imagine (with ZERO data) that the imported Buicks may NOT have the same parts constraints as the NA built models
and for the BOLT there is also that a LOT of incentives right now to go EV and there is a "lot" of market interest in ELECTRIC cars (relatively speaking)

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Don't care where they are built.
TBH, I'm kind of the same way...I prefer a car to be built in the USA especially over China, but I won't let its plant/country of origin be a deal breaker. If it's what I want/need and at the right price, I'll buy it regardless of where it came from

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,275 Posts
Reactions: eklauss

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
GCBC Data is GARBAGE; Ford hasn't even reported yet.

The GM number doesn't match the GM press release!

Only ones that are accurate (Q2 2021) is Honda, Nissan and Subaru, all the rest are wrong!
I don't know about 2019, but I'm not wasting my time to discredit GARBAGE data.
Because GCBC, for whatever reason, hasn’t included GM’s numbers the month of June. Why they don’t just take the data GM releases, I don’t know. But look at their monthly reporting and you will see they don’t have June for any GM product.

See here, for example:

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
I imagine (with ZERO data) that the imported Buicks may NOT have the same parts constraints as the NA built models
and for the BOLT there is also that a LOT of incentives right now to go EV and there is a "lot" of market interest in ELECTRIC cars (relatively speaking)
Yes, I believe you are correct on both counts here.

Because GCBC, for whatever reason, hasn’t included GM’s numbers the month of June. Why they don’t just take the data GM releases, I don’t know. But look at their monthly reporting and you will see they don’t have June for any GM product.
That maybe part of it, I know it is a "cheap and easy" aka; public and free, source but I frequently see massive discrepancies, when bumped against; Automotive News, IHS-Markit (actual registrations), or Ward's data, not to mention what the OEM's themselves put out.

Remember the Ram 1500 Diesel; one of those clown-sourced sites took an off the cuff comment by someone at FCA that included a percentage and applied it to ALL Ram Truck sales, that is how they were calculating the number they published! Never mind it was a fudged-number, they applied the percentage across ALL Ram sales, not just the 1500, so it was grossly overstated.

It is one thing for a publication to have commentary and say; "We think they have sold about 150,000 to date" or "We believe up to 25% of sales included the diesel engine" they would put an actual number in a chart/table/graph of (for example) 152,489 like they knew and had actual hard data.
- stating a specific number vs. 150,000* * estimated is very different.

Reactions: Robert1969

·
Registered
18,144 Posts
Yes, I believe you are correct on both counts here.

That maybe part of it, I know it is a "cheap and easy" aka; public and free, source but I frequently see massive discrepancies, when bumped against; Automotive News, IHS-Markit (actual registrations), or Ward's data, not to mention what the OEM's themselves put out.

Remember the Ram 1500 Diesel; one of those clown-sourced sites took an off the cuff comment by someone at FCA that included a percentage and applied it to ALL Ram Truck sales, that is how they were calculating the number they published! Never mind it was a fudged-number, they applied the percentage across ALL Ram sales, not just the 1500, so it was grossly overstated.

It is one thing for a publication to have commentary and say; "We think they have sold about 150,000 to date" or "We believe up to 25% of sales included the diesel engine" they would put an actual number in a chart/table/graph of (for example) 152,489 like they knew and had actual hard data.
- stating a specific number vs. 150,000* * estimated is very different.
I just started using it, I hadn't tied anything back to real numbers. I took a look to see if they have any * type things - fine print explaining what is going on, I didn't see anything. Puzzling as getting the real data isn't that hard, I'd think a website dedicated to such numbers would spend the time to get it right. As you said, garbage....

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Those cannot have been sale for more than one a month at most, at least the EUV. They are just hitting the lots now
Well, point being going forward, the numbers will be somewhat skewed upward because it's not 2 vehicles instead of one.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
For those that would like to see a industry truck comparison (of the major players....I left minor ones like Tundra/Titan/Frontier out)

Ford is really getting hit hard by the chip shortages.....supposedly they're getting a shipment in soon, but their numbers have been hit hard.....F-series down 12.5% for the quarter but nearly 30% for June.......so with that said, Silverado LD+HD outsold F-Series by 3,471 for Q2. Ram outsold F-series by 5,997 for Q2.

F-series still has a 75,622 unit lead YTD over Silverado, though, and a 48,964 lead over Ram YTD.

---

I had my Tacoma numbers wrong in the Q1 report (must have found monthly numbers not quarterly), so that's been updated for YTD totals, and have the correct Q2 numbers - Tacoma has over double Ranger sales.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5
2,316 Posts
I hope Buick keeps doing well, I always thought they were under appreciated the last few years.
Honestly I've never been less interested in Buick as I am today.

At least when they has the Regal GS there was some flicker of excitement.

·
Registered
601 Posts

Same. I thought I’d like the new envision but that passenger side dash and button transmission shifter leaves me cold. Other than blazer and XT4, I’m out of GM’s to consider. The real bronco is tempting me. Especially the cheaper Big Bend w the steelies. Really tempting, just need to see if the quality is there in a year.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

I had a '12 Regal GS and was one of the most entertaining and best handling FWD sedans out there at the time. And that wasn't even with the stick.

Reactions: jzchev28

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
I had a '12 Regal GS and was one of the most entertaining and best handling FWD sedans out there at the time. And that wasn't even with the stick.
There was this thing that Buick did a couple years ago that got shut down because it was too good for Buick...if there ever was a time for an Avista revival w/ Camaro sales spiraling down the drain to give the plant an actual product that people could possibly want...now's the time. I mean, Camaro is sitting at 9k units for the year...at the halfway point and CT5 and 4 are pretty much DOA...so why not?

Make it in this red and I'd buy one...maybe my wife wouldn't even notice the difference between this and my 6 (She did try to get into someone's beige RX350 a few months ago):

·
Registered
18,144 Posts
My intention was to get a Regal GS, but I got distracted by the ATS :D

Sadly, not enough people bought the Regal. My dad has a regular model, I really like it. Sadly, GM found out that "build it and they will come" isn't necessarily true.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

Sadly, not enough people bought the Regal. My dad has a regular model, I really like it. Sadly, GM found out that "build it and they will come" isn't necessarily true.
Nobody in the general public will think of Buick for a car like that. The awareness and image comes with lots of effort and $ expended over an extended period, and GM is too tactical.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

I actually intended to buy an ATS but by spring of '12 I needed to replace the Seville I got tired of constantly fixing and couldn't wait realistically another year for decent ATS prices (I realize they started showing up on lots in Sept '12 but being brand new they weren't dealing). Plus the GS had a 39k sticker and with employee pricing + applicable discounts I got it for about 32, and an equal ATS would have easily been 10k+ more even had I waited for the initial hype to subside.

But that's ok it was an economical stopgap to the real sedan I eventually wanted, the SS. :)

Reactions: BlackGTP
41 - 58 of 58 Posts