GM Inside News Forum banner

61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
GM's numbers are not good at all and they are in big big trouble. Why are Detroit 3 more effected by the chip shortage than everyone else? Ram pulled ahead of Silverado again and Toyota was only 36K sales behind GM in Q1. Its possible they could actually outsell them this year. Shocking! But not really shocking when you consider GM's lineup, no cars, no hybrids, only 1 electric, new SUV's that fall short (except for the full sizers). Maybe they should bring back the Oldsmobile Cutlass. You can view it here at www.autonews.com. Toyota is in GM's rearview mirror (autonews.com)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Bring it on, no reason they shouldn't use the hybrid engine in the USA.

And yes - AKG should be available on all Cadillacs. Customers can't give Cadillac money if it isn't offered! I definitely would've considered it. My take on the luxury market of 50 years ago was that biggest = best. Things have changed - I have zero need for something the size of an Escalade. GM is cutting off the customer who wants a high end, small vehicle with every bell and whistle available on the Escalade.
Yes, and AirRide should be available in more vehicles too, especially XT6 and XT5.

I don’t know what GM needs to do to get the C1 platform to accept the more powerful V-6 from the CT5, especially for the XT6.

That 3.0T sounds more refined, gives way more torque and HP. So, it’s better candidate on paper.

I have been thinking of how to improve the XT6 on the dash. Rather than have the wedge shaped piece of wood upright on the dash, move it more on a sharp incline where the center point of the chevron wood appliqué as pointed at the center console. You could then run a Tesla Model 3-esque nearly dash long climate control vents just above the chevron shaped wood insert and flush into dash, and a digital driver information display.

The screen can be in the same place it is now but let It be more perpendicular and rising out of the chevron wood appliqué, but make it an OLED about 12-16 inches with edge to edge display area. More artistically sculpted seats, and center console, and reconsider redesigning the door.

Make those soft close doors on the Escalade available for those who get the platinum package. Make MRC available on the sport w/ platinum package and AirRide available on the premium luxury w/platinum (if Air Ride would fit).

Of course, an available AKG system, and of course a Mercedes-like acoustic package should be on offer.
Is that too much? Did I over think it? Am I too bad at describing what’s in my head?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yes, and AirRide should be available in more vehicles too, especially XT6 and XT5.

I don’t know what GM needs to do to get the C1 platform to accept the more powerful V-6 from the CT5, especially for the XT6.

That 3.0T sounds more refined, gives way more torque and HP. So, it’s better candidate on paper.

I have been thinking of how to improve the XT6 on the dash. Rather than have the wedge shaped piece of wood upright on the dash, move it more on a sharp incline where the center point of the chevron wood appliqué as pointed at the center console. You could then run a Tesla Model 3-esque nearly dash long climate control vents just above the chevron shaped wood insert and flush into dash, and a digital driver information display.

The screen can be in the same place it is now but let It be more perpendicular and rising out of the chevron wood appliqué, but make it an OLED about 12-16 inches with edge to edge display area. More artistically sculpted seats, and center console, and reconsider redesigning the door.

Make those soft close doors on the Escalade available for those who get the platinum package. Make MRC available on the sport w/ platinum package and AirRide available on the premium luxury w/platinum (if Air Ride would fit).

Of course, an available AKG system, and of course a Mercedes-like acoustic package should be on offer.
Is that too much? Did I over think it? Am I too bad at describing what’s in my head?
C'mon man. Too much information. What do YOU drive?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Interesting that Buick erased any Regal/Tour-X sales so quickly as there clearly were sales last year, if not this recent 1/4.
Yeah, I've noticed GM likes to do that - rather than balancing out the numbers until a discontinued model has zero for the year, they just arbitrarily decide to drop it off the chart while keeping its units in the total.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
For those interested, I started putting together a quarterly trucks comparison of the major players in the different segments, as well as totals per manufacturer at the bottom.

For midsize, Ranger is hanging in there around Colorado levels, and GM pulls ahead when adding Canyon volume. Tacoma outsells all individually.

F-series continues to have a big lead over the competition, even when adding Silverado and Sierra (they nudged out the combined win last year with F-150 switchovers). Ram jumped out to a 24k lead over Silverado, and numerically Ram's growth almost directly equaled Silverado's decline.

Heavy Trucks, good to see Ford's sales increasing, we'll see if they maintain that. Chevy's MD looks like impressive numbers given it's still relatively new.

Threw Maverick in there because it's easier to have it built into the chart when I first build it rather than moving things later on.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 1972 Chevy Nova
3,470 Posts
Bring it on, no reason they shouldn't use the hybrid engine in the USA.
+1
As a bonus, doing so would further expose the fallacious reasoning that Mark Reuss and other GM executives gave a couple years ago when they announced GM would be giving up on hybrid powertrains.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think Cadillac marketing dweebs are still pursuing strategies to have Cadillac vehicles be taken seriously by customers of the Tier 1 brands (BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, and Lexus). Since Escalade is the one Cadillac product that those customers care about at all, an Escalade brand or sub-brand may help. Then again, it may be too late as you said.

I love how people try to explain what GM executives do wrong in their attempt to run a company. Knowing they wouldn't have a fart in the winds chance of doing a better job.

It's really easy to spend other people's money, if you were the one that had to pay for the products you green lighted these comments would definitely be different.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I love how people try to explain what GM executives do wrong in their attempt to run a company. Knowing they wouldn't have a fart in the winds chance of doing a better job.

It's really easy to spend other people's money, if you were the one that had to pay for the products you green lighted these comments would definitely be different.
What would YOU recommend Scottieeeee? Should GM establish an Escalade sub-brand or not?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
After a little research it appears:

Silverado LD = 1500
Silverado MD = 4500, 5500, 6500
Silverado HD = 2500, 3500
Silverado MD is a joint-venture GM-Navistar product, assembled at Navistar's plant in Ohio.

Chevrolet version:

Navistar version:

·
Premium Member
33,519 Posts
For those interested, I started putting together a quarterly trucks comparison of the major players in the different segments, as well as totals per manufacturer at the bottom.

For midsize, Ranger is hanging in there around Colorado levels, and GM pulls ahead when adding Canyon volume. Tacoma outsells all individually.

F-series continues to have a big lead over the competition, even when adding Silverado and Sierra (they nudged out the combined win last year with F-150 switchovers). Ram jumped out to a 24k lead over Silverado, and numerically Ram's growth almost directly equaled Silverado's decline.

Heavy Trucks, good to see Ford's sales increasing, we'll see if they maintain that. Chevy's MD looks like impressive numbers given it's still relatively new.

Threw Maverick in there because it's easier to have it built into the chart when I first build it rather than moving things later on.

Good to see GM overtake Tacoma in the Mid duty segment. What Chevorlet and GMC need to do now is bring something in this class to take care of Maverick

·
Registered
93 Posts
What would YOU recommend Scottieeeee? Should GM establish an Escalade sub-brand or not?
Well considering that I am not a automotive executive
Considering that I am not a auto executive, and I do not have all of the information that those executives have in order to make the proper decision.

I think the executives of GM are doing a great job.

Like I said it's easy to spend other people's money, but if it's your money then the decisions will be different.

·
Registered
20,339 Posts
Perhaps GM dealerships aren't happy with the amount of incentives needed to move units?
I think they want more cars to sell; right now supply/demand/price is pretty good, probably making more per unit.

I love how you try to defend the cluster-flub that is Cadillac the last 2 decades.................

I'm not sure you could have spent/burned/wasted more money than Cadillac has over the years.

Considering that I am not a auto executive, and I do not have all of the information that those executives have in order to make the proper decision.

Like I said it's easy to spend other people's money, but if it's your money then the decisions will be different.
So you have no idea, and GKR might be right!

Can't make this up and be more-funny!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think they want more cars to sell; right now supply/demand/price is pretty good, probably making more per unit.

I love how you try to defend the cluster-flub that is Cadillac the last 2 decades.................

I'm not sure you could have spent/burned/wasted more money than Cadillac has over the years.

So you have no idea, and GKR might be right!

Can't make this up and be more-funny!
Why do you think it's funny? Because I have a realistic approach. Instead of just saying this is what I would do, given you have zero real world knowledge of what you are talking about. You think designing a car is easy?

I noticed you didn't address any of the points I brought up. It sucks trying to have a intelligent conversation.

·
Registered
20,339 Posts
Why do you think it's funny? Because I have a realistic approach. Instead of just saying this is what I would do, given you have zero real world knowledge of what you are talking about. You think designing a car is easy?

I noticed you didn't address any of the points I brought up. It sucks trying to have a intelligent conversation.
You are new here, but the vast majority of have watched Cadillac change direction multiple times, even the biggest supporters of the brand, can see the mis-steps...........

I've said many times, (despite Cadillac trying very hard, not to) "Cadillac has done a better job at "being Lincoln" than Lincoln has"

Escalade - Navigator - Tahoe
XT6 - Aviator - Acadia
XT5 - Nautilus - Blazer
XT4 - Corsair - Envision

----------------------------------------------------------

"you didn't address any of the points I brought up"

What exactly did you bring-up!?

These numbers are just hold overs until the complete lineup of electric cars come online.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You are new here, but the vast majority of have watched Cadillac change direction multiple times, even the biggest supporters of the brand, can see the mis-steps...........

I've said many times, (despite Cadillac trying very hard, not to) "Cadillac has done a better job at "being Lincoln" than Lincoln has"

Escalade - Navigator - Tahoe
XT6 - Aviator - Acadia
XT5 - Nautilus - Blazer
XT4 - Corsair - Envision

----------------------------------------------------------

"you didn't address any of the points I brought up"

What exactly did you bring-up!?
I am not new by any stretch of the imagination, I've been following GM my whole life and probably know more about the company then you do.

As for my point, talking about changes that people like yourself propose thinking you would do a better job.

If GM is doing such a horrible job then explain how they continue to sale as many cars, cuv, suv, trucks as they do? All while creating a nice profit along the way.

I personally think the buying public focus on things that are not important. I also think people have this mindset that companies like GM are supposed to design vehicles especially for them. And when they don't fit their exact taste they consider the vehicle a failure.

How do you expect GM to build a vehicle to make each and every person happy? It's impossible, anybody can pick a part a car or truck and find things they don't like.

Do you think normal people who complain about how Cadillac is ran could do a better job?

61 - 80 of 142 Posts