GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be the best automotive value out there right now?

The Hummer H3 lists for $ 31,340* and carries a $ 7,000 cash rebate from GM.

Current Hummer owners can qualify for an extra $ 1,000.

GM Card maximum redemption allowance on a Hummer H3: $ 1,500**.

That adds up to a potential $ 9,500 discount and you haven't even walked into the showroom yet where I will assume you may be offered a 5 to 10 percent discount from list.

Even at an EPA combined 15 MPG...this is one heck of a deal.

www.hummer.com
www.gm.com/offers

*Base price, Hummer H3 (no options) as of 05/01/08.
**Blue cards have no redemption maximum.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Re: GM Puts $ 7,000+ Cash On The Hood Of A $ 31,340 Vehicle

Wow.. that is a good deal. If they had that deal in Canada, I would buy one today.

Gas is expensive but with those savings, who cares.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I'd hit it. Manual trans, please

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Kills me that we got our Grand Cherokee 2 months ago and probably for a little more than we are paying now I could be in a GM vehicle and it's brand new as opposed to my 2005 Jeep with only 24k miles on it.

Oh well.... I've been very happy with my Jeep. But damn.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Gee, I wonder what the markup on a Hummer is if they can safely allow $9,500 in rebates/credits/points. I wonder if they're overpriced or hard to sell in the current economic climate, what with fuel prices being what they are. Sounds to me like that should be the price of them anyway, I mean it's just a Colorado with an SUV body on it, why is that worth $31K? Oh, that's right. The name is worth the extra $9,500! Got it. Humans...sheesh. :rolleyes:

Jeez, I better finish my coffee and McGriddle, I'm kinda snarky this morning. It is a great deal for those that would be interested and I think it'll move a few of them.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Gee, I wonder what the markup on a Hummer is if they can safely allow $9,500 in rebates/credits/points. I wonder if they're overpriced or hard to sell in the current economic climate, what with fuel prices being what they are. Sounds to me like that should be the price of them anyway, I mean it's just a Colorado with an SUV body on it, why is that worth $31K? Oh, that's right. The name is worth the extra $9,500! Got it. Humans...sheesh.
Having looked at one up close and sat in one, I can assure you that the H3 is more than a Colorado. Just look under the thing at the suspension setup. It looks about as rugged as you could hope for in a true SUV.

That said, I have a problem with all of this talk of "built in $10,000 profit" on GM's SUVs and trucks, and I always have. It's one reason I own a used 2004 Safari AWD -- a very competent, if outdated, vehicle, but I picked it up for $16K when the MSRP was around $24K. Just 6 months before I bought it it had rolled off of the factory floor! Despite having the cash to afford one, I could never buy a $40K GM SUV knowing that it would rapidly lose resale value -- at least that "built in $10,000 profit".

I mean, I like GM and all, but buying a vehicle I know is overpriced? I might as well just wire GM $10,000 from my bank account as a donation.

A deal like this one for the H3 on the other hand....wow. It even has me interested.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Gee, I wonder what the markup on a Hummer is if they can safely allow $9,500 in rebates/credits/points. I wonder if they're overpriced or hard to sell in the current economic climate, what with fuel prices being what they are. Sounds to me like that should be the price of them anyway, I mean it's just a Colorado with an SUV body on it, why is that worth $31K? Oh, that's right. The name is worth the extra $9,500! Got it. Humans...sheesh. :rolleyes:

Jeez, I better finish my coffee and McGriddle, I'm kinda snarky this morning. It is a great deal for those that would be interested and I think it'll move a few of them.
How about overpriced and hard to sell? Personally, I shook my head in disgust when GM decided to bring out yet another unnecessary division, and this time make it as fuel hungry as possible. I wonder if there are any good deals on an H1 or H2?

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,303 Posts
My wife was quite excited by this news... we've driven H3's a couple of times and like them very much. Now they're going to take the mandatory dump that it takes to get me interested.

The best feature of an H3 as opposed to an H2 or Escalade? It'll fit in the garage!

Got plenty of time before we're in the market again. That'll give this Hummer saga time to sort itself out.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
To me personally, the only attractive thing about the H3 is the fact that it can be coupled with a manual trans. I WISH I could get that on a 360; I'd have already bought one.

Also, you'd think the TrailBlazer/Envoy would have like $10,000 in that case. After all, IMO they haven't had any meaningful changes since 2002 & don't have the cachet of something called 'HUMMER.'

But, no, the incentive on the 360's is $3,500.

That's okay GM, I can wait. Can you?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To me personally, the only attractive thing about the H3 is the fact that it can be coupled with a manual trans. I WISH I could get that on a 360; I'd have already bought one.

Also, you'd think the TrailBlazer/Envoy would have like $10,000 in that case. After all, IMO they haven't had any meaningful changes since 2002 & don't have the cachet of something called 'HUMMER.'

But, no, the incentive on the 360's is $3,500.

That's okay GM, I can wait. Can you?
Your Honda Civic qualifies you for another $ 500.00 (Conquest).

1 - 20 of 60 Posts