GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Six new General Motors vehicles will take to the stage next week as the Chicago Auto Show stages its media preview days, Feb. 3 and 4 at McCormick Place. Among GM's new vehicles will be the new 2005 Buick LaCrosse, the small Buick destined to replace the Regal and the Century. Also on the docket are the Chevrolet Uplander and Pontiac Montana SV6 crossover sport vans; a new GMC Envoy Denali, Envoy XL Denali and Sierra Crew Cab Denali; and a lightly restyled Pontiac Vibe. TCC begins its Chicago auto show coverage on February 3.

WOW, this is going to be better than NAIAS! A restyled Vibe, small Buicck, Envoy Denali!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
;) The Envoy never appealed to me anyway... but a new one might change my decision. I'm glad a new Buick is coming out. I hope that the LaCrosse will be a cool car.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Given the photo we've seen of the LaCrosse, I really don't have much hopes for the rest of the vehicle. It just reeks of Hyundai styling to me, and that is not a brand you want people to be getting mixed up with Buick.

I'm kind of curious why GM is debuting so many vehicles at the Chicago show rather than at NAIAS. Maybe they didn't think these vehicles would get much notice in the press because of the high-profile debuts of the Corvette and Mustang?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Originally posted by awalbert88@Jan 28 2004, 01:44 PM
Given the photo we've seen of the LaCrosse, I really don't have much hopes for the rest of the vehicle. It just reeks of Hyundai styling to me, and that is not a brand you want people to be getting mixed up with Buick.
;)
the problem is that brands like hyundai copied some design cues from Buick a few years ago,nowadays the lacrosse recalls some people Hyundai...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by powervette+Jan 28 2004, 02:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (powervette @ Jan 28 2004, 02:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-awalbert88@Jan 28 2004, 01:44 PM
Given the photo we've seen of the LaCrosse, I really don't have much hopes for the rest of the vehicle.  It just reeks of Hyundai styling to me, and that is not a brand you want people to be getting mixed up with Buick.
;)
the problem is that brands like hyundai copied some design cues from Buick a few years ago,nowadays the lacrosse recalls some people Hyundai... [/b][/quote]
True. Unfortunately, that's the way it works. You have to be innovative to stay ahead of the copycats. Otherwise, you lose. All the copycats have to do is make their cheap car look like your lux. Case and point Jaguar.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Not to rain on the parade of the Chicago Auto Show (maybe it's the nor' easter that just hit the area that's affecting me?), but some of the above-mentioned vehicles (GMC Envoy Denali, Envoy XL Denali and Sierra Crew Cab Denali) sound more like new trim options as opposed to new from the ground up vehicles (i.e., nothing to get too excited about). As for the LaCrosse, we've already seen [one picture of] it and have voiced our widely disparate views on it. And the Uplander and the SV6 will most likely be just mild variations on the Terraza and Relay themes. All in all, this seems pretty sedate news for GM's 6 "new" vehicles.

I am a fan of the Vibe, though, and I'm anticipating pics and information on its lightly restyled body. I actually thought that there was nothing at all to improve on [visually].

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Anyone else think the Envoy Denali will be very similar to the Trailblazer SS? V8 and AWD are on every other Denali. I would also hope for a slightly upgraded dash.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Un upgraded high quality interior is essential for the Denali to be taken seriously. Please GMC, don't dissapoint us!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Originally posted by awalbert88@Jan 28 2004, 08:44 AM
Given the photo we've seen of the LaCrosse, I really don't have much hopes for the rest of the vehicle.  It just reeks of Hyundai styling to me, and that is not a brand you want people to be getting mixed up with Buick.

I'm kind of curious why GM is debuting so many vehicles at the Chicago show rather than at NAIAS.  Maybe they didn't think these vehicles would get much notice in the press because of the high-profile debuts of the Corvette and Mustang?
They should have put the 3 port holes in the front fenders on this too. :blink: Then you would know its a Buick. :D

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I guess the upper class GMC's is the Denali? Im hoping for Navi, upgraded dash, V8, and perhaps AWD? Id like a to see the 5spd in this car since both motors dont really push the the 5spd. I think the whole GMT360 should get teh 5spd auto. I also see bigger rims, and different gril.

·
Registered
790 Posts
this a little off the topic but why arnt the new vibe pics up, i learned not to post pics without permission so yeah, they are on the pontiac site.... main difference no giant gray plastic avalanch like body cladding

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Smilingoat@Jan 28 2004, 06:19 PM
this a little off the topic but why arnt the new vibe pics up, i learned not to post pics without permission so yeah, they are on the pontiac site.... main difference no giant gray plastic avalanch like body cladding
That is not the new Vibe, the current Vibe has a no-cladding option. The new Vibe has a new grille

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by nsap+Jan 29 2004, 12:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nsap @ Jan 29 2004, 12:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Smilingoat@Jan 28 2004, 06:19 PM
That is not the new Vibe, the current Vibe has a no-cladding option. The new Vibe has a new grille [/b][/quote]
well crap. i guess the other site was wrong...

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know I saw names and discriptions of the cars GM's gonna debut @ Chicago, but all my brain is registering is "blah blah TRUCK....blah TRUCK XLS....blah blah TRUCKLET...blah blah SPORTTRUCK" It sure sounds like GM is making it easier for me to buy that '05 Mustang..... :drevil:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by spdwayGm@Jan 29 2004, 05:17 AM
I know I saw names and discriptions of the cars GM's gonna debut @ Chicago, but all my brain is registering is "blah blah TRUCK....blah TRUCK XLS....blah blah TRUCKLET...blah blah SPORTTRUCK"  It sure sounds like GM is making it easier for me to buy that '05 Mustang..... :drevil:
have fun with your pos stang! :rolleyes:

and what sports truck or trucklet? I saw 2 SUV's and one full size truck?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Jan 29 2004, 06:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Jan 29 2004, 06:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-spdwayGm@Jan 29 2004, 05:17 AM
I know I saw names and discriptions of the cars GM's gonna debut @ Chicago, but all my brain is registering is "blah blah TRUCK....blah TRUCK XLS....blah blah TRUCKLET...blah blah SPORTTRUCK"  It sure sounds like GM is making it easier for me to buy that '05 Mustang..... :drevil:

and what sports truck or trucklet? I saw 2 SUV's and one full size truck? [/b][/quote]
I think he means he's looking for a CAR. Those seem to be rare out of GM in the past 10 years. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002+Jan 29 2004, 11:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cyboexpo2002 @ Jan 29 2004, 11:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2004, 06:41 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-spdwayGm
@Jan 29 2004, 05:17 AM

and what sports truck or trucklet? I saw 2 SUV's and one full size truck?
I think he means he's looking for a CAR. Those seem to be rare out of GM in the past 10 years. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
hummmmmm

Malibu(2 of them)
Cobalt
Corvette(2 in teh past 10 years, 3 if you count the C4)
Camaro(2 types in the past 10 years)
Aveo
Impalla
SSR
GTO
GP(2 types in 10 years)
CTS
Catera
Seville
Deville
L series
Ion
9-5
9-3
Vibe
A few buicks and olds's.....
problem with cars? Only new "truck" in the past 10 years is the Avalanch and Colorado. The fullsized ones just got freshend up. Trucks make money, money makes GM and the World go round. We stop making good trucks, we will lose all of the American market. Bad enough we lost the car battle.

Again, have fun with your mustang.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts