GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General Motors (GM) plans to put three and probably four splashy auto-show cars into production, dropping the big automaker into the middle of hotly competitive niche markets that it has avoided.

The Saturn Curve concept vehicle.

For consumers, it should mean lower prices and better selections among affordable sports cars and distinctive retro-style vehicles. GM likely will bore into those segments with low prices, high performance and fresh looks — and deep pockets to support its entries with rebates, if necessary.

Full Article Here

133 Posts
From the article: "Mazda plans a redesigned Miata next year for the 2006 model year and doesn't seem worried. "We think our powertrain and performance will be much better than the competition and that the auto press will acknowledge that," says Mazda North America chief James O'Sullivan."

At some point, consumers will ignore the automotive press and buy what really appeals to THEM.

The styling of the Solstice is ALL OVER the Miata. I mean, give me a break. <_<

Go General !!! The 'Resurgin' General'

:mf_boff:

Consumers have gotten used to trusting al the foreign brands. Time will tell if they return. <_<

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
The styling of the Solstice is ALL OVER the Miata. I mean, give me a break.
Not to mention the Ibuki. Gaaa.

From the article: "Mazda plans a redesigned Miata next year for the 2006 model year and doesn't seem worried. "We think our powertrain and performance will be much better than the competition and that the auto press will acknowledge that," says Mazda North America chief James O'Sullivan."
"Our lucky efficient Miata is much pleasure for happy time than overweight lazy Pontiac."

:frankie:

·
Registered
809 Posts
I love what Lutz is doing for GM! I completely agree that they have to shine in the niche markets because many people (expecially women, sorry but it's true) doesn't understand the difference between a Corolla and a Malibu. If they see a cute little car like the Solstice driving around, they might think, wow, maybe I should go look at one of those Pontiacs. It'll be interesting to see the HHT when it comes out.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@Feb 20 2004, 07:12 PM

"Our lucky efficient Miata is much pleasure for happy time than overweight lazy Pontiac."

"The Summer Vacation Is Wonderful (Dreamy Island)" It is a distant old dream.
There straight blue sky and sunshine, sun and, there was sea that continues to the last.I was for a small island,
as I recover consciousness.Ican't remember whether I do anything there or not. I just memorize that the common
sky and sun and sea exist. Understand it isn't to say whether the dream is a dream truely to tell the truth.

http://www.engrish.com/

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Feb 21 2004, 12:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Feb 21 2004, 12:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ghrankenstein@Feb 20 2004, 07:12 PM

"The Summer Vacation Is Wonderful (Dreamy Island)" It is a distant old dream.
There straight blue sky and sunshine, sun and, there was sea that continues to the last.I was for a small island,
as I recover consciousness.Ican't remember whether I do anything there or not. I just memorize that the common
sky and sun and sea exist. Understand it isn't to say whether the dream is a dream truely to tell the truth.

http://www.engrish.com/ [/b][/quote]
OMG! I just surfed onto Engrish the other day :p

:laughbounce:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
womans will see a solstice on the road, then go to mazda to buy it!
it will seem a little different, but that's because it was a different color!

joke apart, womans decide for like 80% of new cars shopping... sad, but true!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts