GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gm,
This is how people get upset. late 03 is what we were told on our gto's. Who knows when I'm gonna end up getting mine. It's already into january and I just got my vin # and am still waiting for at least one more week probably more. You have offered us no information on why the hold ups. rumors are running wild. How can you do this to loyal customers. We have all put down alot of money with out even sitting in a vehicle. You owe us explanations, if something is wrong tell us.
Give us reasons why productions are delayed etc. Instead we hear nothing. We have put down payments and got tpw's (target production week) and have waited way past them. How would you like it if we took the cars and gave you tpw's(target payment weeks) and went well past them. my guess is we'd have bill collectors on our butt's . These are the problems that make people take back thi=eir money and go to other car companies. BAD rumors are starting. not a good launch for the new gto so far

ps I think the little kid up above on the gminsidenews sloggin must be looking and waiting for his 04 gto

·
Registered
367 Posts
I feel for you man. Hang in there I know it's going to be worth the wait. :afro:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Or U could get UR money back and invest in one of those nice Cavaliers :D .

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Goat, what have been some rumors on what is going on? Where do you live? I agree, GM not producing and already poorly recieved car. Maybe its the dealers faults by promising early dates to get people into dealers, or it could be a problem with the GTO itself? What could be wrong? Maybe they are swapping teh LS1 out and putting in LS2's!! Now wouldnt that be worth teh wait?

·
Registered
750 Posts
How is the GTO a porly recieved cars, most magazines Rave about everything aside from its looks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Jan 9 2004, 04:28 AM
Goat, what have been some rumors on what is going on? Where do you live? I agree, GM not producing and already poorly recieved car. Maybe its the dealers faults by promising early dates to get people into dealers, or it could be a problem with the GTO itself? What could be wrong? Maybe they are swapping teh LS1 out and putting in LS2's!! Now wouldnt that be worth teh wait?
I live in Michigan. I don't think it is the dealers fault because it is Gm that said the gto would be out in late 03. Some of the rumors I have been hearring are wirring problems, transmission problems, brake or rotar problems. As far as switching out the Ls1 to something else, in my opion is unlikely 1.because a simple phone call from Gm to the dealer would fix that problem(I feel most people would think thats worth the wait) 2. There are a very select few who have recieved their gto's and that would be unfair to them. Being left in the dark is not good for business

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by goatfarmer+Jan 8 2004, 07:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (goatfarmer @ Jan 8 2004, 07:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-casket_demon@Jan 8 2004, 11:49 PM
Or U could get UR money back and invest in one of those nice Cavaliers  :D .
It looks nothing like a cavalier [/b][/quote]
Never said it did..where did I say I it did??..did I say it did??..I'm quite sure I didn't say it did.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by casket_demon+Jan 9 2004, 02:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (casket_demon @ Jan 9 2004, 02:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2004, 07:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-casket_demon
@Jan 8 2004, 11:49 PM
Or U could get UR money back and invest in one of those nice Cavaliers  :D .

It looks nothing like a cavalier
Never said it did..where did I say I it did??..did I say it did??..I'm quite sure I didn't say it did. [/b][/quote]
It was all in you r delivery :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
What dealership did you order from?

Rinke Pontiac on 11 Mile was supposed to get some December 14th, but they don't have one yet.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Nocturn_Bird@Jan 9 2004, 07:21 AM
How is the GTO a porly recieved cars, most magazines Rave about everything aside from its looks.
Yes, but the people who like this car seem to be the minority. Go to any enthusast website that has a lounge or general fourm and ask "What do you think about the new GTO?" and it will go something like this

"Nice inside, but it looks like a Grand Prix. And for over 30k I want more then just some grand prix." or "Its the new super cavi/gp/monte/etc.."

Its really getting pretty sad when GM finaly makes a good car that everyone shuns it away because its not agressive enough. Just look at TA freak. GM put out several new cars that are pretty dam good and meet or beat the imports and all you hear out of him is blah blah it sucks. TA's reaction to cars is how must enthusiasts I talk to react.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Jan 9 2004, 04:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Jan 9 2004, 04:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nocturn_Bird@Jan 9 2004, 07:21 AM
Yes, but the people who like this car seem to be the minority. Go to any enthusast website that has a lounge or general fourm and ask "What do you think about the new GTO?" and it will go something like this

"Nice inside, but it looks like a Grand Prix. And for over 30k I want more then just some grand prix." or "Its the new super cavi/gp/monte/etc.."

Its really getting pretty sad when GM finaly makes a good car that everyone shuns it away because its not agressive enough. Just look at TA freak. GM put out several new cars that are pretty dam good and meet or beat the imports and all you hear out of him is blah blah it sucks. TA's reaction to cars is how must enthusiasts I talk to react. [/b][/quote]
I agree, but give it time things will change. This car does look cool. I've seen it next to mustangs and such and i think it looks much nicer. My 2000 Monte carlo ss had somewhat of the same public opion but for the msost part that has changed

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28+Jan 9 2004, 10:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigals87z28 @ Jan 9 2004, 10:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nocturn_Bird@Jan 9 2004, 07:21 AM

"Nice inside, but it looks like a Grand Prix. And for over 30k I want more then just some grand prix."[/b][/quote]
That's a really sad argument from people-- many are paying over 30 grand for their GPs.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well I think alot of people arn't realizing that when people get their GTO's they wont come on here saying they have. The Majority of people who baught one don't come to this board or the GTO board. Just because no one on here as gotten one, doesn't mean no one has. Two people on the GTO board have, just give them time to get them out and be pateint.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Also please remember that the car is comming from the other side of the world.

They are not airlifting GTO's out of OZ in specially modified 747's with in flight refuel and drop shipping them straight to the dealerships.

They are comming on, probably, on "ro-ro" ships, accross a large part of the Pacific Ocean, then they will get to California, LA harbor or Long Beach, get inspected, by almost evert Federal Agency that is watch container vessels comming onto major ports, then they put into the pipeline, which means rail and truck shipment through all 50 states. So, it might take a while.

Californians are probably the 1st to get their GTO's. I wonder if you live in Hawaii, would you get it sooner, since your on the way? Or would it still have to get to "mainland"?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
GM has to do something about thier launches, in the 13 years that I sold GM I only seen 1 sucessfull launch. Now this is in Canada but the 4th gen F body took us a year and a half to get the first one to our dealership, All the adevertising and hipe where gone by then. and a whole model year to get a sold Riviera in 1994.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here's our issue with Pontiac.

Most of us were led to believe that if we pre-ordered our vehicles, not only would we receive the desired color combo and transmission choice, but the we would receive our cars first vs. the general population. We were also told that production would begin the first week in September and that cars would be in buyers / enthusiast hands within 60 - 90 days.

Many have had experiences just like mine and worse. I ordered 7/22/03. My original TPW was 10/3. It was then moved to 10/30 and finally 11/27. So I've lost 2 months already. Then begins the fiasco of moving the GTO across country. For some reason this is taking an unbelievable amount of time. We have confirmed cars hitting the port December 8th that have still not been delivered to dealers. That's going on 5 weeks!

My particular story is nearly a 6 month wait so far for my car. The best part is reading about dealers who placed ficticious orders for cars that are now available on Ebay @ MSRP +. The truth of the matter is the pre-order has accomplished nothing. It has not gotten me my car any sooner, nor has it ensured that everyone who pre-ordered will receive their car before some Ebay opportunist.

I'm happy about everything else, just not the order and delivery process. Pontiac MUST do something to win back the future loyalty of these customers. They had an excellent opportunity to win over new customers and they flat out blew it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by cvp33@Jan 11 2004, 03:45 PM
Here's our issue with Pontiac.

Most of us were led to believe that if we pre-ordered our vehicles, not only would we receive the desired color combo and transmission choice, but the we would receive our cars first vs. the general population. We were also told that production would begin the first week in September and that cars would be in buyers / enthusiast hands within 60 - 90 days.

Many have had experiences just like mine and worse. I ordered 7/22/03. My original TPW was 10/3. It was then moved to 10/30 and finally 11/27. So I've lost 2 months already. Then begins the fiasco of moving the GTO across country. For some reason this is taking an unbelievable amount of time. We have confirmed cars hitting the port December 8th that have still not been delivered to dealers. That's going on 5 weeks!

My particular story is nearly a 6 month wait so far for my car. The best part is reading about dealers who placed ficticious orders for cars that are now available on Ebay @ MSRP +. The truth of the matter is the pre-order has accomplished nothing. It has not gotten me my car any sooner, nor has it ensured that everyone who pre-ordered will receive their car before some Ebay opportunist.

I'm happy about everything else, just not the order and delivery process. Pontiac MUST do something to win back the future loyalty of these customers. They had an excellent opportunity to win over new customers and they flat out blew it.
not to mention all of the end of the year incentives we missed out on. I was counting on the end of the year pull ahead for the lease on my monte carlo. Who knows if that will still be offered to me by the time my gto gets here. Two car payments just about takes me out of the realm of affordability. I think gm should offer the same incentives that were out the dates people put downpayments on thier cars. Atleast at the end of the year, wich is when we were told our cars would be here. This wait is costing us alot of money

1 - 20 of 21 Posts