GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
12,770 Posts
Awesome to see this. I have high expectations.

If the product is good, they will come. Mazda earned a lot of respect with the Mazda 6 and RX-8. Perhaps The G6 and Solstice will do the same for Pontiac.

But they really need to get the 175hp 4-cyl. and 3900 engines in there, and the coupe and convertible versions - the critics cries of "rebadged Malibu" will be heavy until then. And they need to cut the dead weight with the old Grand Am as soon as possible. The Grand Am is THE Cladding-Mobile of Pontiac.

It is also ESSENTIAL that for good reviews the 3900 come with a manual transmission (from Saab's 9-3). We know the 4-cyl will, but I'm waiting to see all of the configurations.

· Premium Member
12,770 Posts
i doubt it but ok if you think so
Why wouldn't it be? [/QUOTE]
The lack of a manual transmission, a 4-speed auto, and a pushrod engine will give it unfavorable press in the beginning, which is too bad (because it will be a great car from what I can tell).

One thing to keep in mind is that the G6 will more likely be a Maxima and Mazda 6 competitor (when all of the trim levels, engines, and transmissions arrive). The styling is just a bit too sporty for many folks (who would choose a Malibu instead), and like the Maxima and Mazda6 it will attract people not so much on name, but on value, features, and looks. Camry and Accord win instant buyers every year from name recognition like the Ford F-150, Suburban, or Ford Explorer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.