1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silverado ZR2 Bison inbound?
Posted by GearheadSS on Camaro5.com

April 8, 2022

A forum member at Camaro5.com posted a screenshot of GM's dealer ordering system which appears to confirm the existence of an upcoming Silverado ZR2 Bison model. It will likely be similar in concept to the Colorado ZR2 Bison co-developed with American Expedition Vehicles with unique front and rear bumpers aimed at improving approach and departure angles and multiple underbody skid plates.

Spy photos of the suspected Silverado ZR2 Bison have been shared previously: GM-Trucks.com. GM-Trucks.com suspects the Chevrolet Beast concept (now renamed to the Chevrolet Off-Road concept) provided a preview of the front bumper of the ZR2 Bison.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Why was the "The Beast" a scary name and the name change needed to be something so bland?.

I was riding along side a RCRB 2500 SIlverado today and thought to myself "I like that", I also like the Bison package; if only gm could combine a RCRB 2500 Silvy with the Bison package I would be so happy.

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why was ="The Beast" a scary name and the name change needed to be something so bland?.

I was riding along side a RCRB 2500 SIlverado today and thought to myself "I like that", I also like the Bison package; if only gm could combine a RCRB 2500 Silvy with the Bison package I would be so happy.
I think I read there was a trademark issue GM found out about.

·
Premium Member
36,382 Posts
Silverado ZR2 Bison inbound?
Posted by GearheadSS on Camaro5.com

April 8, 2022

A forum member at Camaro5.com posted a screenshot of GM's dealer ordering system which appears to confirm the existence of an upcoming Silverado ZR2 Bison model. It will likely be similar in concept to the Colorado ZR2 Bison co-developed with American Expedition Vehicles with unique front and rear bumpers aimed at improving approach and departure angles and multiple underbody skid plates.

Spy photos of the suspected Silverado ZR2 Bison have been shared previously: GM-Trucks.com. GM-Trucks.com suspects the Chevrolet Beast concept (now renamed to the Chevrolet Off-Road concept) provided a preview of the front bumper of the ZR2 Bison.
They need to do this with the GMC truck too.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I just get the impression that GM doesn't know what a real Bison actually is. They don't climb mountains, or bash around in the woods, or zoom through deserts. They mostly just wander around in wide open prairies.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
He could be saying you're trying too hard to to find fault with gm. Almost desperately so. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar is what I got from his response.
I'm trying to find fault with anybody who would think that a Bison is any kind of good representation for an off road package. And not many people would deny that GM has needed some help with marketing. So I'm trying to help. And GM is my employer.

But that's what I'm saying. A Bison is a Bison. Is Ferrari going to change to a dancing snail logo, or should they keep the prancing stallion?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts