GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM Offers 18 FFVs for MY2009

Below is the listing of 2009 models GM offers that include flex-fuel capability at no additional charge to the customer:

Chevrolet: Avalanche, Express, HHR, HHR Panel, Impala, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

GMC: Savana, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

Cadillac: Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

Hummer: H2, H2 SUT

Buick: Lucerne

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Well, that's a textbook definition of "18 models", but I'll take it, because GM finally offers a 4-cylinder, OHC engine with E-85 capability!

Hooray!

·
Registered
385 Posts
It's great that they are offering FF in the HHR, but, they need to get it to every other Ecotec offering asap as well, and have NO EXCUSE for not offering it in the NA Saab models, seeing as it is used everywhere else Saab sells.

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
finally!
a flex fuel that isn't a V8 nor an SUV :D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
one problem.... E85's infrastructure still SUCKS!

Here in NY state it is pitiful. Rochester and Albany are pretty much the only areas that you can get it. Plus, how are the prices doing when applied to the gas price equation?

·
Registered
620 Posts
one problem.... E85's infrastructure still SUCKS!
In some states, here in Michigan I see more and more. My Chevy Volt is going to have the E-85 option (at least I hope)!

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Yeah. E85 is near-impossible to find out here on the Left Coast. Ironic for a state that touts itself as being so "green."

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Apparently here in NC you can get E85 for $3.59-$3.69. Gas at the station around the corner was $3.99. With the loss in MPG when using ethanol, I think gas still makes more economic sense, but that looks like it could be changing.........

·
Registered
579 Posts
Here where I live E85 is $2.95 a gallon.
Here in southern Missouri stations are selling E85 for around $2.95 also. Regular unleaded is around $3.80. Regardless of the less MPG for E85, the price gap is getting wide enough to where it's starting to make more sense. Once the E85 infrastructure is solid, then the price gap will become even wider. My next car (and my wife's car) will absolutely be E85 capable. Besides, I actually personally know farmers who sell corn. I would rather give him money than some American hating oil sheik

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I thought that the Cobalt and G5 were E-85 compatable in the Ordering Guide?
Over the years I've found a few mythical beasts in ordering guides that either did not ever come to be, or that my local dealers denied any knowledge of, even after "calling folks in Detroit".

Like the 4-cylinder "fleet only" Malibu Maxx. The guide was pasted in a thread here some years back.

I might well have have opted for that car over my current car.

Or the Uplander cargo van (with seats in the second row). I think this one was just an example of my local dealer "playing dumb" and not wanting one on the lot when they had hundreds of SUVs to sell.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Still only three cars, the rest trucks and SUVs....

Where's the Cobalt FF??

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I thought the Cobalt was originally slated to get Flex-fuel for MY2009 also?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
More cars need to be flex-fuel. Is it really that hard to make a vehicle flex fuel?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts