GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,885 Posts
Ford hasn't backed out of a small diesel for their 1/2 tons yet. Just backed away from the 4.5l V6 International. They still have plans to be the first out with a small diesel for their 1/2tons

Emissions are what killed the cornbiner, I don't know who will build it but there will be a diesel since they have 7700lb GVWR 1/2 ton already. verses GM at 6800lb GVWR.

Also theres a rumour bout a 6.4L twin turbo to replace the 6.0L Powerstroke.

· Registered
7,885 Posts
Its a total goverment thing with the emission regulations being different it the under 8500lb GVWR catigory.
I would gladly pay a $3-5000 premium for a diesel in a light duty truck, I do not put on alot of mile but my truck does put on alot of hours idling or at a slow speed, and pushes heavy loads. This is where a diesel is much more effient than a gasoline engine,
Case in point- a friend had sunk his truck through the ice and I went to help pull it out. My truck (1/2 ton 350 V8) and a 5.9L cummins sat idling all day on the ice, My friend of course filled us both up at the end of the day. $30.00 in my truck verse $5.85 in the cummins.
Diesels definatly have a place in the under 8500 GVWR vehicle for me I would keep it much longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.