GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than a week after rolling out the Chevrolet Corvette of the future, General Motors Corp. is putting cash on the hood and offering zero percent financing on the outgoing model.

Today through Feb. 2, customers purchasing a 2004 Corvette will have the choice of a $2,000 cash rebate or no-interest financing for up to five years, according to dealers.

GM wants to clean out inventories of the outgoing model — known internally as the C5 — to clear the way for the all-new 2005 Corvette, which goes on sale in the fall.

At the end of November, GM had enough Corvettes stockpiled to last 162 days at current sales rates — far above the industry average of 65 days. In December, Corvette sales dropped 38 percent.

“We’ve got some 160 C5s on the ground,” said Scott Montgomery, sales manager at Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn. “They’re trying to take the person considering paying cash and flushing them out.”

Full Story HERE

·
Registered
332 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle@Jan 9 2004, 04:28 AM
wow- crazy stuff for a Vette, but I guess it needs to happen to make way for the 05's--
Yea, that is pretty crazy, but that's about all they can do to clear them all out.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just bought a Z06 for 8k under sticker and 0% financing. If any of you guys can stand to have a C5, I highly suggest looking for a dealer! I'm as happy as happy can be, nothing but nothing beats squashing a gas pedal that controls 405 HP :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Congratulations for your new 'vette and u :D !!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
What color is it?? Any photo??

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
This is much like what is happening with the 04 Mustangs... they're actually about the most HP for the dollar you can buy now given how cheap some dealers are letting them go. A 305hp Mach 1 can be had for around $21-$22k at some dealers. That's a heck of a deal. Ford is trying to get rid of the '04s as fast as possible, because they let slip too many details on the '05 styling too quickly last year I think.

·
Registered
776 Posts
It's silver, I don't have a pic yet, I have to get my girlfriend's digital camera. It looks like any other silver z06....except it's mine, all mine! :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Originally posted by banzai79@Jan 16 2004, 04:05 AM
I just bought a Z06 for 8k under sticker and 0% financing. If any of you guys can stand to have a C5, I highly suggest looking for a dealer! I'm as happy as happy can be, nothing but nothing beats squashing a gas pedal that controls 405 HP :D
Its too bad a brand new base car will be able to match a Z06 in 6 months...not mention, look a hell of a lot better

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well you know Mr. Lutz, if thos vettes are becoming a hastle for ya, you can always give use one. Theres always a place in my garage for a Z06. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
banzai79 Posted on Jan 16 2004, 04:05 AM
"I just bought a Z06 for 8k under sticker and 0% financing. If any of you guys can stand to have a C5, I highly suggest looking for a dealer!"

:lol:

You'll love the Z06.....I've a Torch Z, and have travelled from Toronto to Galveston, Texas, Monterey, California, Nashville, TN / Bowling Green, KY for the 50th Celebration, etc (20,000 miles). Great machine!

Here's an interesting note for any Canadians near Toronto, the biggest Corvette dealer in Canada has 6 brand new *2003* C5s for sale....1 vert, 1 Z06, 2 coupes and 2 Anniversary Convertibles. These are priced at $12,000 OFF sticker, chance at "Ring In & Win" (minimum $1,500....maybe a free car) and 1.9% unlimited GM financing, if desired. Not bad deals!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I really wish I had money to throw away for a 2004 CE Z06. Actually, it wouldn't really be that much of a waste of money. :mf_boff:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts