1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08:09 March 29, 2004)
GM may unveil Lambda model at next year's Detroit show

By AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

General Motors has broken ground for an assembly plant in Delta Township, near Lansing, Mich. But it has been tight-lipped about what it will build there. GM is expected to use the plant for minivans and crossovers on its new Lambda architecture. One industry source says GM will show a Lambda vehicle at next year's Detroit auto show.
http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_co...t_code=00064406

·
Registered
71 Posts
Perhaps GM is already admitting the new "CSV's" are going to flop? As I sure didn't see anyone flocking around them at the Cleveland Auto Show. I just hope the Lambdas are better looking than those phugly things that are coming out this fall.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont see how they think its gunna flop, but I guess they want to move on the Lambda chassis asap. Its better then it coming 4 years from now when everyone is ahead of GM.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by carMuck@Mar 29 2004, 02:25 PM
Perhaps GM is already admitting the new "CSV's" are going to flop?  As I sure didn't see anyone flocking around them at the Cleveland Auto Show.  I just hope the Lambdas are better looking than those phugly things that are coming out this fall.
The CSVs are really akin to the 2003 Cavalier refresh (although the CSVs get a bigger crush zone, and a vastly improved interior), and likely to last only a little bit longer.

They aren't the "next generation" of GM's minivans, just a stop gap measure.

It is interesting to read that Lambda will be used for the next gen of Minivans. Perhaps stretched a bit for a longer wheelbase?

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is nice to see and american automaker opening a brand new advanced factory in the United States, and not in Mexico, Canada or overseas, regardless of what they build in it. :D

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Actually at a recent autoshow that I went to this weekend, there were a good amount of people looking at the Buick Terraza and Saturn Relay. Get used to the CSV's, there going to be around through at least 2007.

I am hoping that the Lambda at the show will probably be a replacement for either the Rendezvous or the Aztek.

Perhaps it might be the larger Saturn SUV/Crossover that has been rummored?

It would be interesting to see Saturn do both a crossover SUV and an SUV/Pickup to compete with the upcomming Honda Truck/SUV.

Either way....it's good news!

Is the Lambda going to be a mini-van/crossover platform only, or are there going to be any car based models too?

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Thats what I said, "at least 2007", who knows...maybe longer. Most people are thinking that these vans will be replaced in 2006.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts