GM Inside News Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,276 Posts
You don't use cruise control too often?!...Why not. I use it just about anywhere I can.

I wonder who else who posts here uses or doesn't use CC (cruise control)?.

Would anyone like to throw in there 2 cents on whether they do or don't use at least CC?

As for any other techy convenience; I have no interest in tech. As a matter of fact my 3 daily drivers (my 2 personal cars and the truck I drive for work) are sans tech and I like it that way.
I use it wherever I can as well. Especially out on the freeway going anywhere other than ;) from one end of town here to the other. :)

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
You don't use cruise control too often?!...Why not. I use it just about anywhere I can.

I wonder who else who posts here uses or doesn't use CC (cruise control)?.

Would anyone like to throw in there 2 cents on whether they do or don't use at least CC?

As for any other techy convenience; I have no interest in tech. As a matter of fact my 3 daily drivers (my 2 personal cars and the truck I drive for work) are sans tech and I like it that way.

I use it about any and every time it makes sense on the highway, and even on longer stretches of rural roads.

I use it wherever I can as well. Especially out on the freeway going anywhere other than ;) from one end of town here to the other. :)
Same, we have a couple highways, around town, depending of where I'm at and where I'm going, I typically don't use it there either. On the open road, its great to rest your leg/ankle, and it helps you stay at a consistent speed, even when I hit pockets of traffic/congestion, I try and use it, adjust up/down, but if it gets too busy then I turn it off and drive normally until the congestion subsides.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I use cruise all the time, for both city and highway driving. It keeps a consistent speed and uses less gas (at least, as displayed by my Edge Insight CTS3). The only times I don't use it are when I have to go really slow (we now have a bunch of 30 km/h zones here) or when climbing hills, as it tends to really punch the gas and shift down an extra gear (go to 3 instead of staying in 4, or to 2 instead of 3).

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I never use cruise control even though all my newer cars have it. Most of my cars are sticks so using cruise is a just strange experience. Remember when you couldn't even get cruise in cars with a clutch?

·
Registered
18,913 Posts
I never use cruise control even though all my newer cars have it. Most of my cars are sticks so using cruise is a just strange experience. Remember when you couldn't even get cruise in cars with a clutch?
How does it even work on a stick? Automatic cars will downshift as needed when using cruise control, what happens with cruise control when you are no longer in the right gear? Does cruise control just disengage? Or does it just wait for you to downshift when it's bogging down?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
How does it even work on a stick? Automatic cars will downshift as needed when using cruise control, what happens with cruise control when you are no longer in the right gear? Does cruise control just disengage? Or does it just wait for you to downshift when it's bogging down?
It's really only useful on a clear highway in high gear. I don't use it whatsoever.

It's great example of an unnecessary option that gets mandated to a package/trim level you do want.

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
When the cruse is set at 65, it keeps the speed at 65 (or tries to) so if you are going up a hill, it just accelerates more, it would take an under-powered economy car, or a big hill to get to a bogging situation, but just like an automatic, where the cruise disengages when you touch the brake, on a manual it disengages when you touch the brake or clutch.

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
Ford +$0.55 $15.64 +3.64%
GM +$0.87 $58.96 +1.5%

I have no idea why, I'll leave that to JZ to tell us!

Reactions: gkr778

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Ford +$0.55 $15.64 +3.64%
GM +$0.87 $58.96 +1.5%

I have no idea why, I'll leave that to JZ to tell us!
But, but... GM is up 32 cents more than Ford!!

• Wow
Reactions: Ed753
61 - 69 of 69 Posts