GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
"As Seen On TV" commercials seem more genuine then the way "THEY" are pushing autonomous/"hands free" driving.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sounds like it won't be a very wallet friendly price, add that to an already expensive EV truck.

lidar laser sensor and extra cameras and radars are not cheap to replace when they go wrong, if they malfunction needs a recall or have to be replaced on 50,000 Silverado's sold every month, that would bankrupt GM. It's bad enough costing billions to replace a few thousand Bolts sold every month since 2017.

Ultra Cruise won't even work on roundabouts, it will be alright on the US straight road grid system, not a thing that could be used in exported cars, ultra cruise chips would have nervous breakdown Microsoft blue screen of death at a roundabout.

How much will Ultra Cruise cost, add to the already expensive cost of each EV car/ EV truck in the future push the price beyond the affordability of Chevy buyers wallet?

Will you be able to buy a bare bones affordable Silverado EV, without all this glass roof, Cruise stuff in it, that you don't want?
Radars are cheap. Cameras are even cheaper.

Everywhere a human can drive an autonomous car will be able drive even better.

AVs will not tire or become distracted.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,276 Posts
So.......... Did anyone watch it?

What did everyone thing?

WAY TOO Long, and I had to break away for an hour for another meeting, I predict half of it won't materialize, but I'm modestly impressed, yes you heard that right.

I tried to do some screen-scrapes of the more interesting slides, they likely will be out there, but just in case.

I have to run to the Post Office, I'll be back on-line tonight.

Last thought for now; Mary needs to get her GD hair done, GFC..........

View attachment 64570
She looks like a well used worn out dish rag.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,977 Posts
"As Seen On TV" commercials seem more genuine then the way "THEY" are pushing autonomous/"hands free" driving.
+1
GM Ultra Cruise, like Super Cruise, is a Level 2 system. That means the driver is still ultimately responsible and in control - or should be.

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
Radars are cheap. Cameras are even cheaper.

Everywhere a human can drive an autonomous car will be able drive even better.

AVs will not tire or become distracted.
You make it sound easy.

How would you describe yourself?
Not the CEO of one of the largest Automobile Manufacturers in the world?

+1
GM Ultra Cruise, like Super Cruise, is a Level 2 system. That means the driver is still ultimately responsible and in control - or should be.
So I think I have these very generic names figured out?

Level 3: Better Cruise
Level 4: Even Better Cruise
Level 5: Bestest Cruise

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Not the CEO of one of the largest Automobile Manufacturers in the world?
:ROFLMAO: Safe to say that no one would ever mistaken you as the CEO of one of the largest "Automobile Manufacturers" in the world.

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
:ROFLMAO: Safe to say that no one would ever mistaken you as the CEO of one of the largest "Automobile Manufacturers" in the world.
You are suspect for judging the looks of another guy, but since you don't even know what I look like and I do.....

I've got all those tired faces I saw today beat by an EV mile.

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
EV's, ICE, Car/Truck/SUV/CUV mix over the next 8 years:

Blue Audio equipment Font Line Gas

• Wow
Reactions: gkr778

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
Doubling the companies revenue over the next decade, with this, "bag of tricks".

Font Screenshot Electric blue Technology Symmetry

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
Revenue ramp/decline by segment; 12 year slide:

Font Screenshot Gadget Multimedia Electric blue

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
Battery Cost Reductions:

Product Azure Blue Rectangle Font

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
SHARE OF WALLET (or Pilfer your WALLET if you prefer)

Sky Font Rectangle Electric blue Space

Reactions: gkr778

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
Details to how and what they are going to get you to open up your wallet for:

Blue Font World Rectangle Electric blue

Reactions: dannyg

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
COOL PICTURE; THE END:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,977 Posts
SHARE OF WALLET (or Pilfer your WALLET if you prefer)

View attachment 64579
Interestingly, J.D. Power shared this information from its just released 2021 U.S. Tech Experience Index Study:

Newest Vehicle Technologies Going Unused—Many Owners Don’t Intend to Ever Use Them, J.D. Power Finds

"New-vehicle prices are at an all-time high, partly as a result of an increased level of content,” said Kristin Kolodge, executive director of human machine interface at J.D. Power. “This is fine if owners are getting value for their money, but some features seem like a waste to many owners.”

The study finds that, for more than one in three advanced technologies, fewer than half of owners have used the technology in the first 90 days of ownership. Non-users most often say they don’t need these technologies. For example, 61% of owners say they have never used the in-vehicle digital market technology, and 51% of those saying they have no need for it. Owners feel similarly about the driver/passenger communication technology, with 52% saying they have never used the technology, and 40% of those saying they have no need for it

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,360 Posts
Details to how and what they are going to get you to open up your wallet for:

View attachment 64580
I paid for WiFi in my Sonic for a couple of years, just for fun, but that was years ago. I don't intend to pay a monthly fee for any feature in the future, sorry GM.

But I can see them "bundling" this with leases: $299/mo (or whatever) for the Silvy, $309/mo for the Silvy with X feature, $319/mo for X and Y feature, etc.

Reactions: BlackGTP and Ed753

·
Super Moderator
21,014 Posts
Wonder if they'll do monthly subscriptions. Like if you know you're going on a bunch of road trips one month you can access SuperCruise for a month.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts