1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM Investor Day 2021

Tune in today at 1pm ET:
https://investor.gm.com/investor-day-details
Transformation and innovation are in our DNA. Our journey from automaker to platform innovator is rooted in our commitment to delivering the technology that redefines mobility and has placed us ahead of the competition. Join our October 6 livestream at 1pm ET for a first look at the future of General Motors and experience our advanced technologies.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Sounds like a celebration of the death of being an automaker to me.

Platform innovator is more like platform follower imo, gm has not lead anything in decades and i see nothing to change that with what they have done so far with their ev platforms. Nothing they are doing is ground breaking stuff right now, they seem to be lagging behind most other makers in the alternative to ice vehicles race.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I wonder if they'll finally unveil the Silverado EV today? Perhaps a few other news worthy announcements.

·
Registered
21,088 Posts
Watching........................ :geek:

·
Registered
21,088 Posts
Please wait presentation will begin at 1:05pm

·
Registered
21,088 Posts
UPDATE: Please wait presentation will begin at 1:10pm

·
Registered
21,088 Posts
😴💤💤💤💤💤

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier
1,291 Posts
Reactions: dannyg

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,617 Posts
Apparently, out of view of the camera shot, they've shown the upcoming Blazer & Equinox EVs.

*Hopefully someone is sneaking out their cellphone camera.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apparently, out of view of the camera shot, they've shown the upcoming Blazer & Equinox EVs.

*Hopefully someone is sneaking out their cellphone camera.
Also the Silverado and Sierra EV. I think they learned their lesson last year showing the Hummer SUV, Silverado and (I assume) Equinox in the background of the livestream.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I tried not blink just in case l missed something, 4 second video on a blue wavy line? Where was the Silverado?

Glass roof on a Silverado pick-up truck that sounds a crazy idea, most old pick-ups are full of dents scars everywhere shows they have lived a productive life doing something productive.
What next the only colour will be pink? Get the Chevy Volt dance ad team in, just muck things up more.

Will Mary be throwing a builders brick at the glass panoramic roof to display tough it is?

Tesla pick-up get the bullet proof armour glass tested with a shakedown ball thrown at it for the Tesla investors, who enjoyed a good laugh. At leasts its more than a squiggly blue line even if the armour proof glass failed.

Hopefully there will a Silverado EV options that don't have panoramic glass roofs that don't sound very practical on a builder truck that's asking for trouble, you can live with dent in a steel panel but not a leaking cracked glass roof above your head sounds expensive.

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,358 Posts
«Ultra Cruise will join GM’s lineup of hands-free advanced driver-assist systems on select models in 2023, with Cadillac being the first to introduce the technology. »

Lyriq maybe?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Jesus this Cruise presentation is great for insomnia.
Sounds like it won't be a very wallet friendly price, add that to an already expensive EV truck.

lidar laser sensor and extra cameras and radars are not cheap to replace when they go wrong, if they malfunction needs a recall or have to be replaced on 50,000 Silverado's sold every month, that would bankrupt GM. It's bad enough costing billions to replace a few thousand Bolts sold every month since 2017.

Ultra Cruise won't even work on roundabouts, it will be alright on the US straight road grid system, not a thing that could be used in exported cars, ultra cruise chips would have nervous breakdown Microsoft blue screen of death at a roundabout.

How much will Ultra Cruise cost, add to the already expensive cost of each EV car/ EV truck in the future push the price beyond the affordability of Chevy buyers wallet?

Will you be able to buy a bare bones affordable Silverado EV, without all this glass roof, Cruise stuff in it, that you don't want?

·
Super Moderator
21,013 Posts
Sounds like it won't be a very wallet friendly price, add that to an already expensive EV truck.

lidar laser sensor and extra cameras and radars are not cheap to replace when they go wrong, if they malfunction needs a recall or have to be replaced on 50,000 Silverado's sold every month, that would bankrupt GM.

Ultra Cruise won't even work on roundabouts

How much will Ultra Cruise cost to add to each car/truck?
Not what I was talking about but whatever...

·
Registered
21,088 Posts
So.......... Did anyone watch it?

What did everyone think?

WAY TOO Long, and I had to break away for an hour for another meeting, I predict half of it won't materialize, but I'm modestly impressed, yes you heard that right.

I tried to do some screen-scrapes of the more interesting slides, they likely will be out there, but just in case.

I have to run to the Post Office, I'll be back on-line tonight.

Last thought for now; Mary needs to get her GD hair done, GFC..........

Car Automotive design Flash photography Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,358 Posts
I didn’t watch it but I’ve read a couple of the reports about it. This caught my attention:

“The $30,000 Chevy SUV should bring serious sales to GM because it’s the size of the Equinox, GM’s second-best selling vehicle, President Mark Reuss said. He said the company is working on a Chevy Blazer electric SUV, as well as a smaller vehicle at a lower price point. He gave no details.”

1 - 20 of 69 Posts