GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Detroit — General Motors Co. is investing $75 million at its transmission plant in Toledo, Ohio, to increase production of 10-speed automatic transmissions for profit-rich trucks.
The automaker plans to field 30 EVs by 2025 and an emissions-free lineup by 2035. But GM isn't backing down now on supplying its Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups to meet the heavy demand for the product.

"Through this investment, we continue to take steps to strengthen our current core business and build on our significant manufacturing presence in Ohio,” Phil Kienle, GM vice president of North America Manufacturing and Labor Relations, said in a statement.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I absolutely love the 10 speed behind my 6.2L, it's damn near perfect. Seamless.
Will they kill the 8 speed?
The 10 Speed in the Ford World has been Excellent, and now Standard on All Engines, even the 3.3L NA V6.

Why GM has the 8 Speed, or is even still using it is Beyond Me. Let alone Holding the 10 Speed Hostage for the Rich and Famous 6.2L High C/Denali.

With the amount of Bad Press the 8 speed has caused, it shoulda been Terminated before it Surfaced.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
If news like this keeps coming out, the stock price is going to drop! The market (stock market) wants over-priced, un-profitable "green" vee-hickles!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Why GM has the 8 Speed, or is even still using it is Beyond Me. Let alone Holding the 10 Speed Hostage for the Rich and Famous 6.2L High C/Denali.
They're not.
At GMC, all Denalis, all AT4s, all SLTs are the 10-spd standard.
SLE & Elevation Duramax all the 10-spd standard. Those 2 lines both have a 5.3L / 8-spd or a 5.3L 10-spd choice.
2.7L is always the 8-spd, and the base Sierra 4.3L & 5.3L are still the old 6-spd.

·
Premium Member
33,269 Posts
They're not.
At GMC, all Denalis, all AT4s, all SLTs are the 10-spd standard.
SLE & Elevation Duramax all the 10-spd standard. Those 2 lines both have a 5.3L / 8-spd or a 5.3L 10-spd choice.
2.7L is always the 8-spd, and the base Sierra 4.3L & 5.3L are still the old 6-spd.
I think they need to concentrate on fixing the problems with the 8 speed if they are going to keep it around, get rid of the six speed.

·
Premium Member
33,269 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts