GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
36,481 Posts
They spent billions to re-tool the plant to make these new EV's; barely completed production of 1,000 Hummer's and they are idling the plant (again) to re-tool?
you realize that the HUMMER EV is the first vehicle of a completely new way of building automobiles for GM corp. They needed to make sure all that Ultium stuff works well together and then roll the stuff out.
I suspect a lot of those Zero factory people are going to find their way into other GM plants to train folks on building this stuff.
Just my guesswork.

·
Banned
36,481 Posts
Conversely the Champ was in fact a very high quality vehicle of advanced design, and unmatched capability in its genre

Featuring a bulletproof Rolls Royce engine, 5 speed gearbox, a unique fully independent suspension system, and capable of being fully immersed!

A batch of 400 Champs also used in service by the Australian military from 1953 to well into the middle 1960s, which speaks to its quality, reliability and superior capability as ‘the Rolls Royce of 4wds’

An excellent Champ resource:
I probably might have to look down under to get me one.
Then I can ship it to Africa and wear one of those commissioners hats and look colonial

Bag Sleeve Beige Personal protective equipment Shoulder bag

Now I really want one

More specifically, it's the GMC Hummer SUV EV.

Whew, that was a mouthful. (That's what she said)
Don’t tell me you have been hanging out with Whoopi again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts