GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
4,784 Posts
you realize that the HUMMER EV is the first vehicle of a completely new way of building automobiles for GM corp. They needed to make sure all that Ultium stuff works well together and then roll the stuff out.
I suspect a lot of those Zero factory people are going to find their way into other GM plants to train folks on building this stuff.
Just my guesswork.
Good points mbukukanyau; I agree there will be lots of "know how transfer" from Factory Zero to other GM facilities.

I think what Ed753 was getting at in post #6 is that GM re-tooled what was then Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly more efficiently in the past compared to the current effort at Factory Zero. For example, between 2011 and 2020, GM re-tooled that plant from assembling G-Body vehicles to the following:
  • two new Delta II - Voltec models (Volt/Ampera and ELR)
  • one new Epsilon II SWB model (Malibu)
  • one new Epsilon II LWB EL model (Impala)
  • one new P2XX model (LaCrosse)
  • one new Omega model (CT6)

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
4,784 Posts
I think both companies are pithing a ton of blue sky which may well be true but let’s just keep our feet on the ground until both Production plans start speeding up, there’s still a lot of hoops to jump through before either can be confident of real progress…
+1
Those blue skies are going to turn overcast sooner rather than later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts