GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
12,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM Idles Ohio SUV Plant
Dowjones
May 21, 2004

MORAINE, Ohio (AP)--General Motors (GM) is shutting down its Moraine Assembly plant for a week, temporarily laying off 4,000 workers.

The suburban Dayton plant is to close June 14th through June 21st.

GM spokesman Dan Flores says the temporary closure will slow the supply of three mid-sized sport-utility vehicles made at the plant: the GMC Envoy, Chevrolet TrailBlazer and Buick Rainier.

Full Article Here

· Premium Member
12,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I agree at least one of the mid sized SUVs in this family needs a refresh (I think it needed one the moment it was introduced).

Which one looks like it was designed in 1998?

Trailblazer interior:

Ascender interior:

· Premium Member
12,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Ballistic+May 21 2004, 05:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ballistic @ May 21 2004, 05:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-frisky@May 21 2004, 09:49 PM
GM is idling the Linden plant the week of 6/14 also.
I wouldn't be surprised when it is idled for good... can't build S-10 crew cabs and blazers forever... then again, we are talking about the General. [/b][/quote]
:lol: So wrong, but so true.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.