GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GM Finally Releases Cobalt SS Sedan Pic

Wow, that really out-did themselves with this. Today GM released one, yes, just one, photo of the 2009 Cobalt SS Sedan. At least this isn't a lame studio photo with the infamous gray background.

Like it's coupe brother, the 2009 Cobalt SS Sedan will feature the direct-injected, turbocharged ECOTEC 2.0L with 260 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque.
High-Resolution Version

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
And the big deal is supposed to be exactly what? HP?
Man! This thing is a yawn to the 10th power...and no...... the wheels don't help much.

Talk about a stealth machine,,,REALLY heavy on the stealth!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Give it 300hp and it's still snoring. Does that mean that if I put a 350hp engine into an Uplander it's a good vehicle? Didn't think so.

Coupe isn't bad, but the sedan sucks.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Move along... there's nothing to see here.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
This might be the first official pic but we've seen all the angles before, can't remember where we saw them.

I actually don't mind the front and profile views. The rear view is bad, boring. The car definitely needs more exciting tailights (akin to the round ones on coupe) and a lower valence area with mesh or honeycombs, set into a black plastic inlay with cutout for exhaust.

Wouldn't hurt if it sat about 1/2" lower either.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I wonder what the Cobalt sedan would look like with the coupe's four round taillights.

This is definitely more sharp than a base car.
remember that Cobalt SS sedan concept they had at i think either the autoshow or SEMA a couple years back? (it was light blue or something), it looked a little more showy compared to this sedan and it had the 4 round taillights. And it looked far better with the 4 round taillights.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
And the big deal is supposed to be exactly what? HP?
Man! This thing is a yawn to the 10th power...and no...... the wheels don't help much.

Talk about a stealth machine,,,REALLY heavy on the stealth!
All the more reason to buy one. It's relatively inexpensive, it's quicker than all-get-out and it's nondescript. Some of us like the idea of having a car that's quicker than snot but doesn't set off the cop's visual horespower detection net. If someone needs a flashy, boy-racer looking car to get their kicks, they must have a small......ego. :D Leave the JC Whitney bodykits, APC taillights and 50hp yellow paint to the Rice-a-phonies....I'll take the real thing. Sometimes the fun stuff comes in a plain brown wrapper.;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Gotta agree that this is about as dull as you can get in a car.

Mark
No, this is as dull as you can get,

Its got a ways to go yet

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
All the more reason to buy one. It's relatively inexpensive, it's quicker than all-get-out and it's nondescript. Some of us like the idea of having a car that's quicker than snot but doesn't set off the cop's visual horespower detection net. If someone needs a flashy, boy-racer looking car to get their kicks, they must have a small......ego. :D Leave the JC Whitney bodykits, APC taillights and 50hp yellow paint to the Rice-a-phonies....I'll take the real thing. Sometimes the fun stuff comes in a plain brown wrapper.;)
Well put mate, I agree and really for the type of car it is I like the looks of it....always have.
Its a nice little car, there is nothing wrong with the looks of it too me.And yes, the wheels DO do something for it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think I like it. Of course I also think my ION looks good, so what do I know, right? I think the Cobalt sedan continues to look better than all its major competitors (if nothing else, the Civic, Focus, and Sentra). New taillights wouldn't be a bad thing to have, but I can live with these. The only thing I don't really like are the wheels, but there's always the aftermarket to fix that. So all in all, with that engine and at a relatively cheap price, I don't think you can go wrong with this car.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Take the spoiler off and it is an excellent "sleeper," which will also provide excellent mileage. Think of the oil which would be saved if just half of those people riding around in huge empty pickups and other way over-sized vehicles switched to one of these.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Well put mate, I agree and really for the type of car it is I like the looks of it....always have.
Its a nice little car, there is nothing wrong with the looks of it too me.And yes, the wheels DO do something for it.
Thanks. I guess not all of us feel the need to drive a self-propelled pen!s extension. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts