GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how much I can take off an '08 Malibu LS with my dad's GM Employee Discount? Not for me, I have a friend whose mom really likes the Malibu and I'm trying to get GM a sale here. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, thanks guys. Looks like an '08 Malibu LS will be $18,597.40. I think they're going to wait for GM to offer cash back or something though...any news on whether or not that could happen?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ah, thanks guys. Looks like an '08 Malibu LS will be $18,597.40. I think they're going to wait for GM to offer cash back or something though...any news on whether or not that could happen?

Hopefully NEVER!!!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts

When the Malibu slows down. For perspective, Outlook/Acadia/Lambda got their first incentive (for GMS only, not GSU or retail) in February. Approximately 1 year, 2 months after launch.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
In the Northeast there is $750. conquest right now. $18,597.40 is already a great price! Tell them to buy now before all the good ones are taken...

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the Northeast there is $750. conquest right now. $18,597.40 is already a great price! Tell them to buy now before all the good ones are taken...
Actually, they have a toyota avalon right now, so they'd still qualify for the $750 conquest wouldn't they?
And I guess I can throw in our GM Card savings since my mom is vehemently opposed to getting ourselves a new Malibu. :(

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Actually, they have a toyota avalon right now, so they'd still qualify for the $750 conquest wouldn't they?
And I guess I can throw in our GM Card savings since my mom is vehemently opposed to getting ourselves a new Malibu. :(
The Astra conquest is not available with GMS/GSU. Not sure if this is the case with the Malibu conquest.

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So you're trying to screw the local Chevy dealer by using your dad's employee discount for your friend's mom?
Is that a problem? A lot of people do it. She's a good friend of mine and she's done a lot for me, I just figure I should do the same and save them some money.
They're still getting a sale and they're still getting some money.
Plus, that Chevy dealer sells Pontiacs and Buicks too, and they also sell Mazdas and Fords and a whole laundry list of other brands. They won't be losing that much money.

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmm...apparently the guys who worked at Norwood Assembly aren't as stingy with their discounts? My dad's friends give out their discounts all the time. We've never done it before ourselves.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
That is one hell of a deal. $18k for a Malibu?? We're here suffering with a Dodge Caliber for the same amount of cash. If she has any hesitation buying one for that price, she obviously doesn't like the car too much. Considering she has an Avalon, why is she going for the lower value end of the Chevy? I'd think she'd want an LTZ.

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is one hell of a deal. $18k for a Malibu?? We're here suffering with a Dodge Caliber for the same amount of cash. If she has any hesitation buying one for that price, she obviously doesn't like the car too much. Considering she has an Avalon, why is she going for the lower value end of the Chevy? I'd think she'd want an LTZ.
I'd think so too, but it's really up to her mom, since she'd be the one paying for it. They both really like it, but a car, no matter how cheap, is still a pretty big investment.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Hmm...apparently the guys who worked at Norwood Assembly aren't as stingy with their discounts? My dad's friends give out their discounts all the time. We've never done it before ourselves.
Its not the employees being stingy, its the dealers not letting you use a discount your not qualified for! I have never heard of dealers letting non-employees use the discount.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.