GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,333 Posts
I would try a radical approach. Chevy, covering cars and truck/suv's from 12000 to about 30000 max. Practicle familly oriented cars/trucks (Like Toyota) and affordable performence. Caddy covering cars and truck/suv's from 30000 up to whatever. Luxury to hyper performence. Opel - Euopean style cars. Subaru - Asian style cars. Get rid of everything else. Later on infuse Chevy and Caddy into Europe/Asia and then eventually dump Opel/Subaru. You will end up like Toyota/Honda Chevy is your world wide everyman vehicles and Caddy your worldwide Luxury vehicles. All engineering design focused on two lines. A leaner more efficient management. Of course it's not going to happen and Toyota will eventually take over the world.

· Registered
3,333 Posts
Opps, I will make that exception. Saab/Lotus will cover the esoteric funky side of GM. The experimental offbeat cars. I don't see a problem with the UAW. When the new GM begins to roll all those Japaneese plants in the U.S. will be closing down and taken over by GM to meet demand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.