GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
GM Denies Cruze Delays; GMI Confirms No Delay

A GM spokesman says timing for the new small car is "still mid-2010" as originally announced.

Business Week magazine and an industry analyst reported yesterday that the launch of the Cruze was likely to be delayed six months or longer, as the automaker struggles to conserve cash during the economic downturn.

http://www.wfmj.com/Global/story.asp?S=9240449

From Nsap: GMI has independently confirmed with our sources that at this time there is no additional delay on the Chevrolet Cruze timing for launch in North America. We're told that if in fact a delay does have to take place (which is a last-resort), it will only be a few months to "Fall 2010" launch. But at this time NO delay exists.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Re: GM Denies Cruze Delays

A GM spokesman says timing for the new small car is "still mid-2010" as originally announced.

Business Week magazine and an industry analyst reported yesterday that the launch of the Cruze was likely to be delayed six months or longer, as the automaker struggles to conserve cash during the economic downturn.

http://www.wfmj.com/Global/story.asp?S=9240449
They better not delay the Cruze - I want to buy one ASAP.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts

I have confirmed through my sources that the Cruze has not been delayed. It is still on as planned. I think Business Week got things screwed up with the fact that it is launching globally sooner than in the US, but that was the plan from day one.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts

I have confirmed through my sources that the Cruze has not been delayed. It is still on as planned. I think Business Week got things screwed up with the fact that it is launching globally sooner than in the US, but that was the plan from day one.
I find journalism today pathetic. No checking of sources. Just put out something that seems to work with the popular headlines, like "GM going bankrupt", "ZR1 Delayed due to money woes at GM", "Cruze delayed", ...

Sigh.

My only gripe is that the Cruze won't be here in NA next year, which would be a good time for it to arrive in NA.

·
Registered
190 Posts

I find journalism today pathetic. No checking of sources. Just put out something that seems to work with the popular headlines, like "GM going bankrupt", "ZR1 Delayed due to money woes at GM", "Cruze delayed", ...
Not to get too far off topic, but it's gotten a lot worse in the last 4 to 8 years, a LOT worse.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i think the idea behind us getting the cruze after europe is to let them build it, see what mods need to be done, and what errors there are with production, so when we start it over here, there is little to no major errors affecting production.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Anyone know what the rationale is for introducing the Cruze in Europe prior to NA? Demand? Logistics? Test marketing?

Please don't say they QA the model abroad first. :rolleyes:
because the engine plant for the NA cruze has not been built yet

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Anyone know what the rationale is for introducing the Cruze in Europe prior to NA? Demand? Logistics? Test marketing?

Please don't say they QA the model abroad first. :rolleyes:
it give GM a chance to get out the bugs before the american press will find out and try and kill the car. it will be like a corvette,low volume and if there is a problem you do not see headlines GM has to recall 1 million cars

·
Registered
364 Posts
No, the reason it is coming out first in Europe is because they are already willing to pay a lot for a small car. You won't see that happen here until the 2010 CAFE regs kick in, when all car prices go up.

This is the same reason why Ford doesn't have their Euro Focus here yet either...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Journalists are ridiculous these days. GM would do everything it could to keep the Cruze and the Volt on track. Both are going to be great cars for GM. This kind of reporting reminds me of the GM/Chrysler merger, we only know half the story... maybe that and they keep reporting on things that contradict each other too.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts

Several sources are saying this, thinking the Cruze is delayed. Never really understood how they come up to such answers.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
because the engine plant for the NA cruze has not been built yet
Unforunately, even though that reason has been stated here numerous times, people still ignore that fact. Thanks for reminding us.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Ya'll are too much.

This was supposed to be a 2010 vehicle! It was never this and GM spun this yarn so that it would appear to happen sooner rather than later. They lied. The vehicle will be a 2011 model and this just shows you how utterly incompetent GM is at launching important vehicles.

Whether this is delayed 1, 2, 3, or 6 months, this never was a 2010 model vehicle and GM's management lied!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts