GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last week of this Feb. I took my 99 grand am 3.4L V6 to the dealer to change it's oil. At this time it was brought to my attention that my Lower Intake Manifold Gasket was leaking. So being the poor college student I am in needing my car for school I got it fixed. Now under 2 months later i find coolant under my Intake Manafold. Is it possible that the fluid could just be from the last repair? Or is it that the gaskets that the dealer put on already failed? and if so, is it possible to make them replace them at a discountdue to mechanic?

Any help/ advice greatly appreciated

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Bring it back to the dealer you had perform the work. If indeed the new gaskets failed or were improperly installed I would imagine they would stand behind their work and replace them again for you

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
We did a 3400 head job in a Montana last week. According to the customer, the dealer did it under warranty two years ago. My tech had a lot of trouble getting bolts loose even with his airgun. Whoever put it together either was very strong and didn't use a torque wrench or didn't care and put it together with an airgun.
Somehow I doubt this guy still works for the dealer.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
i think in 2 months- a puddle of coolant would have evaporated with all the engine heat and air circulation
so yeah. it sounds like a leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts