1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Delaying the Cruze is exactly the wrong decision.

<cue Buickman post>
thx for the intro.

no surprise here, GM has been characterized by bad decisions for years. why would we expect anything different now?

beating the dead horse, I again state that Red Ink Rick has to go.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Good stuff, Plane and Buickman!

On topic, delaying the Cruze seems to be a bad idea, but as the article states, 2009 should see the worst of the automotive sales meltdown. Once things begin to thaw, they can then spend money on it.

The article also says that the Malibu may be delayed 6 months, which is way better than reports of the replacement getting the ax.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I wish more companies would watch their electric bills. I'm far from a greenie but it makes me scratch my head saying WTF when I drive by an empty office building at 2am and seemingly every light is turned on.

Have to agree with others that delaying a crucial car like the Cruze seems like a bad idea. Maybe they should have saved some of the funds used to make 4 Lambdas to get the Cruze here faster.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Leaving the lights on in office buildings also leads to the deaths of millions of songbirds each year, http://audubonmagazine.org/features0403/alert.html

"Such buildings often become "bird slaughterhouses," says Klem. In Chicago, for example, researchers have collected more than 26,000 dead birds over the past two decades from the footings of the McCormick Place Convention Center. New York City's Twin Towers and several Toronto skyscrapers also became infamous bird hazards. In all three cities the biggest kills typically occurred at night during spring and fall migrations, when building lights appeared to lure the birds into deadly collisions. Light-dimming campaigns, such as those led by the Toronto-based Fatal Light Awareness Program, have helped reduce the problem."

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Lambdas and 900's should be cut to the bone.......cars like the Cruze are what will help GM start to bounce back (or at the very least, delay the inevitable....).

How long will GM continue to cream themselves over these porkers while the rest of the market (including FORD!) is moving forward and leaving them in the dust?

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
thx for the intro.

no surprise here, GM has been characterized by bad decisions for years. why would we expect anything different now?

beating the dead horse, I again state that Red Ink Rick has to go.
Now we can cue FP115 who will tell us these are all lies and the news that we are going to "Soldier on with the Cobalt" and there is "no cruze for you"... is not true.

HELLO! GM MANAGEMENT!... What the heck are you doing!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Only invite him if you want opinions from the proverbial peanut gallery.
Peanut Gallery or not... You have to note that he has been way more right on his predictions then he has been wrong... Even on GM's share price... he NAILED the $4 something a share within a 60 day window...

I wish I had listened to the peanut gallery!

BTW while all of this news is depressing and makes some members upset... none of it is really news we have known for months, if not years that:
1) No Cruze for you
2) Z28? wait for it.. but I wouldn't hold your breath
3) Cadillac replacement 32V V8? GONE
4) G8? wounded future unclear
5) STS,DT7, XLR.. Dead, indefinitely delayed, and Dead
6) Mid-model Cobalt refresh... Nope
7) Fix the Colorado? Cancelled
8) etc etc...

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
previous peanut gallery:

at 24 moved to Michigan 9/16/82 to lead USA in sales.

spent 1989-1996 learning to speak Mandarin. pleaded with Bob Coletta for Buick franchise in Beijing, to no avail. wanted to keep Buick City open and distribute one shift of LeSabres while balancing trade.

virtually begged Roger Adams to make upcoming Buicks "toothier" and more massive in front. alas...Chrysler 300 stole the show.

when handed a "29" lapel pin by Bill Lovejoy, guaranteed him implementing Return to Greatness would gain 5 points, not doing so would cost 5 points.

warned shareholders three and a half years ago at Hotel duPont that keeping Red Ink Rick would lead to certain bankruptcy.

have been preaching for 8 years now that unless we change our marketing, no turnaround will ever be successful and that continued surgery would prove disastrous.

predicted the sale of GMAC, called crazy.

forecasted $5 per common share mid August.

vision can be a curse.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
OK, I've gotta ask...

As cool as the Cruze may be, is it really going to make GM much money? Even if they sell a bunch? Don't they struggle to actually make money on the Cobalt? The Cruze sounds like it may cost more to build.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
OK, I've gotta ask...

As cool as the Cruze may be, is it really going to make GM much money? Even if they sell a bunch? Don't they struggle to actually make money on the Cobalt? The Cruze sounds like it may cost more to build.
Maybe, but a sale is cash coming in the door for GM and and a lost customer for everybody else

1 - 20 of 37 Posts