GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM confirms new compact SUV to rival EcoSport within 3 years – Brazil
Posted on Jan 15 2015

General Motors of South America have confirmed development of an all-new compact SUV, designed to rival the Ford EcoSport and Renault Duster. Speaking to CarPlace, the Jaime Ardila, President General Motors South America, said that the SUV will replace the Tracker (Trax) in the South American market within 3 years.

The new compact SUV will be smaller than the Tracker (which measures 4.24 meters in length), and will be based on a new compact platform derived from the Chevrolet Onix, reports the publication. Given the similarity in buyer preferences and market trends, we wouldn’t be surprised if the new compact SUV under development is indeed the one bound for the Indian market.

Chevrolet showcased the Adra compact SUV concept at the 2014 edition of the Auto Expo, however, production isn’t due until 2017 (a similar three year period).

CONTINUE AT INDIANAUTOSBLOG.COM

Image credited to and courtesy of IndianAutosBlog.com

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
I believe this is going to be the new "face" of a lot of Chevrolet's..... latest version of "split grille"; Malibu, Volt, Cruze, Equinox?

Can't complain.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I guess the Impala/Traverse face never caught on.
I wonder how they know that people don't like that face (if that's even true).

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe this is going to be the new "face" of a lot of Chevrolet's..... latest version of "split grille"; Malibu, Volt, Cruze, Equinox?
I think it will as well. However, I'm not sure if it will "make it" to the US --- or at least, quite yet.

For some reason, I have a bad feeling that GM is going to have two-tiered styling approach to Chevrolet cars. The just released Cruze that debuted in China follows the design approach of the Adra above. It will be Chevy's "international" design --- larger lower-end opening, and smaller upper-end grille. A kind of "reinterpretation" of the dual port-grille we have now, but a bit more sophisticated and upscale.

If the spy pics are any indication, "our" US/NAFTA market Cruze will get a front end that looks very similar to the current dual-port grille. In other words, we don't get the "international look" for whatever reason.

Honestly, the revised look that the China-Cruze and the Adra is nice and a little more "evolved" than the dual-port grille we now have. If they were to divide the Chevrolet global family design, it's almost like GM is saying that the US market isn't "ready" or "mature enough" for it.

Kind of seems silly and shortsighted to me (especially since everyone has the internet and knows that you're trying to play games here).

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts