GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
14,544 Posts
If Mary wants to beat Tesla making great vehicles is not enough. What Tesla has is the best charging network. In NE Florida if we couldn’t charge out Bolt in our garage we were screwed. There were few public chargers and they weren’t reliable.
That would be a boon to their electric endeavor, having a charging network too, but that takes moola. These mfrs. and others in the supply/support arena really need to get their 💩 together if they o_O think this is the future :ROFLMAO:... :) :) .

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
Using hindsight, Roger Smith's tenure was when GM could've turned around their path to the 2008 bankruptcy, if the right steps were taken (stop wasting money in profitless foreign operations, downsize the dealer count, get rid of unnecessary divisions, fix quality issues, turn Cadillac into something desirable for people under 60 and get the unions to see reality). But he did none of that - he clung onto the "have to be biggest" mentality which continued GM to the path of bankruptcy. Though I do have to admit I'm not sure if anyone could've turned around GM, I almost feel like GM had to be humbled by bankruptcy to jolt everyone into reality. I think if GM wanted to maintain its title of largest in the world, then the 1980's was when they had to turn it around, not 2008.

I agree - MB & team is giving GM the chance to get back to some of its grandeur and swagger GM had 50+ years ago. She's transforming GM's culture and business model - something I've not seen in my life of 53 years. I'm impressed by what she's done, I just hope the market accepts it and GM prospers.

I think it is cool that GM is going all in with Ultium vs. dragging its feet and converting ICE chassis to BEV.
Agree. I still wish though that they'd find or would have found that happy medium in this incredibly shrinking gm scenario and righted the ship sooner before so much damage was done.

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
Normal folks are going to be forced to get on things like that horrid autonobus Cruise Origin. Driving for us normies will be a thing of the past.

There is an article floating around the internets talking about those perfect Swedish countries and their attempt to sway their people out of EVs and into EV autonobuses because the human operated EVs aren't "green" enough.

I feel that self driving autonobuses will become the ultimate form of Greenology in the future.
I like self driving, as in the kind I drive myself in :LOL: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts